Drawing Worn Shields

Started by aeglaeca, January 17, 2015, 02:57:02 AM

It would be nice if you didn't have to remove a shield from wearing it on your back to wield it (particularly since I thiiiiink shields get dropped if you try to remove them in battle?)

This idea has been floating around for at least twenty years, I think.

I actually think it makes complete sense to have to remove a shield before holding it. Think of it in this way. Unless a weapon that has a handle that is easily reached when it is sheathed (even on the back), the only way you can wear a shield on your back is by tying the strap somehow to your cloak, pack, etc. In this situation the strap isn't only not within easy reach it is also hindered by being fastened. You must first unfasten the strap before you can even remove it. Thus, removal of a shield before holding it or wielding it makes complete realistic sense.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Thus the reason most warriors walk around with shields in their inventory. When on your back I never imagined it tied or buckled down I just assumed it was RPed as a guige strap or something. Same as when someone wears a spear or axe on their back, some sort of loose tie that made it convenient to carry.

Drawing a shield would be convenient and my immurzion would be safe and sound. Would be nice for a lot of gear wearable on back when you already have a bow sheathed or something.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

It would be nice.

That's pretty much all that needs to be said.
Be gentle. I had a Nyr brush with death that I'm still getting over.