Smuggling

Started by Kismetic, December 19, 2014, 07:48:10 PM

Sleight of hand conceals contraband at gate checks, sort of how sneak lets you get past guards.  Maybe even add functionality to let you hide something on your person, sleight vs. peek.

Cooooooooooooool
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

this is already true; once I was confronted at the gates with a good load of spice in my cloak. The (PC) guards asked me to take it off and show it to me. Through the lucky application of no less than four sleight of hand checks, I tugged out all of the spice knots from the cloak and kept them in my inventory, then removed the cloak and passed it to the guards. They looked at my cloak, seemingly empty of spice, and passed it back. Then later on in an alley I put the spice back into a new spot.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

I don't think the code works in the way I'm describing, or at least not entirely.

Your suggested change would be cool too, it'd definitely add a lot to the current system which basically lacks any real coded checks altogether -- when dealing with NPCs.

Sleight of hand is only useful among PCs.

It's a game design question.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Npc's can be tricked easy enough though.  Think how people smuggle things irl.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Quote from: chrisdcoulombe on December 20, 2014, 03:17:51 PM

Today I learned Arm has a coded ass-slot.

I wonder if a PC inspects your stuff, if they find a bag in your pack, are they gonna say, "Oh, that's just a bag."  Or do they open it and look inside?  Oh, another bag?

Just because NPCs are dumb or lazy, whether by accident or design, doesn't make it always right.  Not that I'm saying it's straight up abuse, but I don't think it's ideal or anywhere near as good as having the ability to hide items on your person, esp. from PCs.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on December 20, 2014, 03:20:31 PM
Quote from: chrisdcoulombe on December 20, 2014, 03:17:51 PM

Today I learned Arm has a coded ass-slot.

>slip pouch up ass

You were probably leaving out "up".
I do it all the time with "over" shoulder.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: Kismetic on December 20, 2014, 03:24:47 PM
I wonder if a PC inspects your stuff, if they find a bag in your pack, are they gonna say, "Oh, that's just a bag."  Or do they open it and look inside?  Oh, another bag?
empty bag

say (teasing) You sure you need all these sacks, long-ear?

salvage bag
Be gentle. I had a Nyr brush with death that I'm still getting over.

Yep you can keaster items.  Keaster pouch is the command.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Quote from: chrisdcoulombe on December 21, 2014, 04:29:29 AM
Yep you can keaster items.  Keaster pouch is the command.

If I see folks producing bone-swords out of nowhere and saying "There can be only one!", I'm blaming all you folks. :P
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword