A Theory About Tuluk

Started by deathkamon, December 03, 2014, 08:56:02 PM

December 03, 2014, 08:56:02 PM Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 12:09:25 AM by deathkamon
So, by being a member of Arm through several years in Arm and playing countless characters, I've always have most live (and die) in Tuluk. I've been looking at some of the lore and at the caste system. I also looked at the great Pyramid of Muk Utep, and I thought to myself... What if there's something more to Tuluk then meets the eye? What if there is something else to this one city-state?
What I have thought about was that possibly Tuluk could actually be ruled by the Illuminati. My first notes I took was about the pyramid that represented Tuluk. It's quite obvious that there's connections between the Tuluki pyramid and the one which represents the Illuminati. But then I thought deeper. Tuluk runs a system based off of silent oppression of crimes, dealing with criminals quickly and silently. Kind of sounds like what the Illuminati pyramid represents, right? The pyramid of Illuminati represents the unknown by saying that it has several secrets and such. Moving on.
Templars, nobles and commoners alike keep deep respects towards the Sun King. As well, they constantly scan the area for any sort of... Unusual behavior so to speak, such as people ranting about the laws of Tuluk. Well, doesn't the eye on the Illuminati sort of represent watchfulness as well? Combined with silent oppression, Tuluk seems to be well bonded in the theories I'm suggesting. Not only is there watchfulness in Tuluk, but also recognize the caste system.
The structure of social classing works like a pyramid, with slaves and commoners being at the bottom but being most of the population, next being the nobility which has less population then how many slaves/commoners there are. After that comes the Templarate, second highest in rank but very sparsely populated in that area. Finally, there you have at the top of the casting the  Sun King Muk Utep. Watcher of all, who is the great eye over Tuluk and the great power which rules over all of Tuluk. Tulukis, you aren't basking in the Sun King's Radiance. You are basking in the Light of the Illuminati.

Whatever spice you're on.... can I have some?

December 03, 2014, 09:16:23 PM #3 Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 09:18:48 PM by Asanadas

The disembodied head of Muk Utep hauntingly glides by the great Pyramid, hovering over inscribed runes you cannot understand.
Be gentle. I had a Nyr brush with death that I'm still getting over.

Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

And Tek' is one of the lizard-people!

If everyone knew about it, it wouldn't be a conspiracy.
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

December 04, 2014, 01:24:20 AM #7 Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 01:33:01 AM by Kronibas
The Ivory Pyramid has (had?) at least one enterable area that PCs have been invited to operate from due to super secret undercover Lirathan tamperings, so I think that your ideas about conspiracies have already been played out in the same, mainly when the Rebellion was going on and the upper tiers of Tuluki society were in hiding.

And I think this game is more robust than it was 14 years ago, so any number for wild-seeming scenarios shouldn't remain outside of the real of possibility for players and staff alike.

Imagine having a character who gets ran off from Allanaki after trying to fuck his Salarri psionicist boss' wife, causing him to move to Tuluk and take a job as a hunter.

You are sitting there moping and drinking beer when suddenly unseen voices approach your character and begin supplying them not only with information but also with loot and gear needed to fund a revolution.  And then you discover that voice is the voice of a Templar in exile who has chosen you as a device for helping drive out the occupying forces. That happened to me when I was a complete newbie, and THAT is the sort of roleplay Nyr is referring to when he talks about the potential for PvP conflict.  Those kinda of scenarios wouldn't be possible if it weren't for city vs. city conflict.

Tuluk has incredible potential for Illuminati-type roleplay, even if it is only in how your character reacts to living in such an environment on a day-to-day basis.

Agreed.

Illuminati.

Everywhere.

OP is excellent.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Best conspiracy is an obvious, symbolic one.

#jewcrew