New creature Species

Started by deathkamon, October 22, 2014, 01:13:32 AM

Some of the areas of Zalanthas are already full of very dangerous and hostile creatures. Other places have too many easy creatures or too may tough guys. We have the big beasties of the North and South; we have bahamets in the north and meks in the South. We also have the easy stuff, which are gurth in the north and scrab (some types) in the south. I think we need a little more of the easy to mid difficult things. I got a few on my mind, but anyone got any suggestions of what species should be added?

You mean besides what's already been added? They recently added to the south.

What about creatures in cities. Rats, roaches, slugs, birds.... Perhaps make them all hidden and/or only come out once in a while? Don't want things to seem overcrowded with a bunch of easily murdered creatures.

I can't help it, I'm picturing getting crim coded for stabbing a rat.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

There are already a LOT of creatures that range in difficulty between scrab/gurth and mek/bahamet.

Scrabs are quite a bit buffer than gurth.

When first I played in the south, I saw a scrab and thought, oh, I can kill that. That character died about 2 hours in. Conversely, in the north I would bump into skeet and such, and I got to the point I was fighting gortok by the pair. I think a range is nice, but I also like the idea of needing some training to kill creatures in the sands. I think maybe rats or something near Nak might be nice.
3/21/16 Never Forget

All I care about is that I can now do this scene, pretty much perfectly.

Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Quote from: lostinspace on October 22, 2014, 03:52:15 PM
When first I played in the south, I saw a scrab and thought, oh, I can kill that. That character died about 2 hours in. Conversely, in the north I would bump into skeet and such, and I got to the point I was fighting gortok by the pair. I think a range is nice, but I also like the idea of needing some training to kill creatures in the sands. I think maybe rats or something near Nak might be nice.

The south has gotten quite a few new animal NPCs recently. I'm guessing this is partly to fix that problem.

Quote from: Delirium on October 22, 2014, 03:53:25 PM

The south has gotten quite a few new animal NPCs recently. I'm guessing this is partly to fix that problem.

Ah, good to hear, I guess I'll need to go exploring again.
3/21/16 Never Forget

Quote from: lostinspace on October 22, 2014, 03:55:14 PM
Quote from: Delirium on October 22, 2014, 03:53:25 PM

Ah, good to hear, I guess I'll need to go exploring again.

Yeha... if the scrabs don't kill everything before you can get there. :P