If you were on staff for one day....

Started by Molten Heart, September 26, 2014, 04:07:27 PM

Run an elaborate low-magick plot that the entire playerbase would remember and look back on fondly(even after dying terrible, fiery deaths).
There is a candle in your heart, ready to be kindled. There is a void in your soul, ready to be filled. Can you feel it?  Can you?
- Rumi

85% of the ideas in this thread would make the game 200% and look like it wouldn't take very long either to implement.

Dedicated coder + Lauramas and Delirium on descriptions = Fresh new Armageddon in less than a month.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

There's a pretty big difference between talking about doing stuff, and doing stuff.

I would put random clothing on every mob, <stuff> with an eye-patch, <stuff> with a saddle, <stuff> with bulging codpieces. Then I'd make them make sounds that almost sound like speech but is /probably/ still animal like... The <stuff> growls arr... And probably most of it would be inappropriately colored. I see rainbows everywhere, so should you!

One day? I guess it depends on whether this one day is a surprise to me or not. Do I get to plan? Am I over-thinking this?

I would implement the "necksnap" code just for Lennypopo.

Quote from: Rhyden on September 26, 2014, 06:49:05 PM
I would implement the "necksnap" code just for Lennypopo.

I change my vote to this!
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

I would load up powerful NPCs that do not normally meet in the wild and stage cage fights!

The warm up bout would be between an anakore and a tarantula, relatively common beasts yet both are threatening because of the cunning tricks they employ! Then I would have the middleweight bout where a silt horror is pitted against an ankheg! The main fight would of course be a title-belt fight between the reigning champion of Allanak's arena "The Fearsom Gaj!" and our challenger "The Mysterious Roc!"

I would also add an echo to Roc NPC's so that occasionally the squawk in combat: "If you smell what The Roc is cooking!"
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

Morning:  Animate a gith sorcerer and wreck some havoc on Luirs. 
Afternoon:  Animate a bunch of mantis and pay Tuluk a  visit.
Evening: Disease infected rats swarm out of the Allanak sewers and head for the Gaj.
Late night: The Sand Lord bans all sandcloth from Red Storm, any person wearing sandlocth goes into the stocks, where they are pelted with imported Tuluki poo. 

At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."

Quote from: Beethoven on September 26, 2014, 06:42:51 PM
One day? I guess it depends on whether this one day is a surprise to me or not. Do I get to plan? Am I over-thinking this?

Whatever you want, no limits.
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

A vast earthquake strikes east of Allanak and the Ruins of Steinal are uncovered.
The occupying giants flee Red Storm East.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I would implement everything you guys asked for with how easy it clearly is to implement things  ::)

(note: as a former builder of a couple muds, this is facetious, it's not that easy)

Can't believe you had to say it was facetious after you did an eye roll emoticon. Let people post dreams is fun to read :)

YOU get an open clan, YOU get an open clan, YOU get an open clan!

Id animate the steel dragon statue...that is all.
The Ooze is strong with this one

Quote from: 8bitgrandpa on June 28, 2016, 12:01:20 AM
You are our official hammer, Ooze.

Malachi 2:3

If I were staff... this game would quickly become GTA V.

That, or I'd  sponsor a mul character to take part in my own twisted version of Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

Consider this my application.

red fang
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

fire kanks

and necksnap
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

For one day: I'd spend the first half of the day roaming the game and fixing typos on the fly. I'd then delete the entire typo list, and post in the Staff Announcements thread that all typos were deleted, and everyone who's posted typos in the past year should go in game, see if their typo has been fixed. If it hasn't been fixed, to typo it once again.  That way the typo list would be fresh, and smaller than it was the day before.

The other half would be spent eavesdropping on everyone. That's pretty much it.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Smart move there, Lizzie, with the typos.  Maybe that's what the staff should do for one day, a typo-fest.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Why would you delete the list of typo's people have bugged over the years? That doesn't make much sense to me.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on September 29, 2014, 11:24:25 AM
Why would you delete the list of typo's people have bugged over the years? That doesn't make much sense to me.

Because they would all be fixed?

Quote from: Saellyn on September 29, 2014, 11:25:45 AM
Quote from: RogueGunslinger on September 29, 2014, 11:24:25 AM

Because they would all be fixed?

You really think all the typos in game can be fixed in half a day? I think lizzies post was meant to be satire.

September 29, 2014, 01:50:31 PM #48 Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 01:56:42 PM by Adhira
Current entries in typo database:  Showing 1 to 100 of 969 entries (filtered from 5,852 total entries)
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

I'd go through all the requests, searching for mentions of my characters by other people because I am a vain curious bastard.