Let's talk about sex

Started by My 2 sids, September 16, 2003, 11:20:21 AM

Sexuality is probably the most powerful behavioral force in animals after fear.  It has been observed in nature that animals will often forego the possibility of food in favor of having sex (at least males of a species).

To say that a noble or templar's boy or girl toy would have no 'real' influence over the decisions of their Liege is going too far in the opposite extreme, imho.

There are many examples from RL human history where a powerful individual's lover made or broke that leader or his or her plans.  This goes far beyond Catherine the Great of Russia who was literally 'broken' by her lover...her favorite stallion she was having lowered to her bed by rope and pulley when the wench (no pun intended!) system broke and the horse fell on the Czaress, crushing some of her internal organs.

Sorry folks.  I just love that story.  hee hee!!   :twisted:

Anyway, lovers of powerful people DO have influence on the decisions those in power make.  It all depends on how emotionally close the powerful figure is willing to come to the concubine, but sometimes and with some people...it just happens.

I wholeheartedly agree that noble and merchant great house families would take a dim view of a concubine having an 'unseemly' amount of influence with one of their members.  Such a family might threaten to have the concubine killed or enslaved and sold off if the noble/powerful merchant couldn't keep his or her priorities straight.
-Naatok the Naughty Monkey

My state of mind an inferno. This mind, which cannot comprehend. A torment to my conscience,
my objectives lost in frozen shades. Engraved, the scars of time, yet never healed.  But still, the spark of hope does never rest.

I thought the documents said that taking multiple partners was not unusual, especially among nobles. I always assumed this meant it was similar to homo/hetero/bisexuality. As in, accepted and common, but no more than taking a single partner. Am I wrong here?
eeling YB, you think:
    "I can't believe I just said that."

Deleted some posts and locked because someone decided to ressurect a 2-years-dead thread with some trolling.

[edit] Above post was made before I managed to lock it.  In response, the answer to that question is here: http://www.armageddon.org/intro/quickstart.html (its not uncommon)