poll: finding mentors

Started by Harmless, September 04, 2014, 12:35:00 PM

How long did it take you to find a mentor in game (hours of playtime / RL days playing)?

<3 hours or on my first RL day playing
15 (25.4%)
3-8 hours or two RL days
14 (23.7%)
9-15 hours or three RL days
4 (6.8%)
16-23 hours or 4-5 RL days
1 (1.7%)
24+ hours / about a RL week
2 (3.4%)
Much more than a week or after the first character into playing
7 (11.9%)
After 2 or more PCs
4 (6.8%)
I never really had a mentor when I was new.
12 (20.3%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Voting closed: October 04, 2014, 12:35:00 PM

I murdered a NPC in public in Allanak, fled the city by joining Kurac, who's Agent happened to be leaving right around the same time, went to Luir's, met a mul named Davaz, and the rest was history. That all happened in probably two or three hours.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

The results are still early, but I am really pleased to see that 22 responders found a mentor in less than 8 hours! This alone is a great message that there are PLENTY of mentors out there, though probably depending on where your PC is and your timezone +/- other factors, you may end up "missing" them for a while.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Started out with Sorn's company as well. He thought me how to mine sid. I got really lucky and he acted all impressed. I thought I was really fucking good at this game. LOOK HOW MUCH OBSIDIAN I CAN BREAK!

Then I joined Kadius and didn't realize Shal's kadian was a staff avatar for years and the rest is history. One that I posted once, wonder if it could be brought back from the depths of moderation now that we're allowed to tell our first character stories.
Modern concepts of fair trials and justice are simply nonexistent in Zalanthas. If you are accused, you are guilty until someone important decides you might be useful. It doesn't really matter if you did it or not.

Still new and I've never had a mentor really. I feel there are some who could have been if I stayed around long enough. I've yet to have a character last me more than a few days.

Moderated a post.

Please only post PCs that you know for sure aren't still alive.

Thanks