Changes to thirst code.

Started by Anonymous, September 15, 2003, 10:39:07 AM

Quote from: "DrunkenSalarr"
I'd like to go ahead and point out that anywhere you would find an NPC cook in game will be in a clan/group that will not likely run out of food.  Even in famine, the menu would be adjusted, but the clan/group would still have food.  You will also note that the majority of these groups have plenty of slaves and, for the most part, money.

You can extend that to say that anywhere you would find an NPC cook, that group will not likely run out of guards, wagon-drivers, crafters, merchants, or assass'tants either.   I don't think it necessarily means that NPCs should take over those roles to the point of making PCs in those jobs unnecessary.  NPC cooks with an infinite pantry of free food tends to make hiring hunters or buying fresh food an obsolete charity.   Why not have NPC cooks give out free water as well?  

This doesn't follow the topic though.   Still love the thirst changes . . and anything else that makes me feel like I have to work to survive.

QuoteI'm not quite sure, but I remember hearing somewhere that you can't survive on drinking blood instead of water. Too much salt content or some such thing.

Funny, I was just thinking about this today.  I remember a true account of shipwreck survivors marooned on a lifeboat in the 1800s who killed a wounded member of their party for his blood.

It'd be interesting code to have in, to drink blood but with diminishing results the more you indulged.

There are a few places in game where you can find blood, and indeed, drink it. Seek them out, and give 'em a whirl.

-Tlaloc
Tlaloc
Legend