Habits and roleplaying

Started by zealus, July 13, 2014, 11:11:25 AM

Is Friday for Sexident.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: MeTekillot on September 25, 2014, 01:07:33 AM
I try not to mudsex girls because I'm always afraid it's gonna be Is Friday.

You guys really give a hilariously inaccurate impression of me to people. I bet noobs in my clan be like "oh man I hope he doesn't try to mudsex me". Why would I mudsex when I still haven't tried all the neat torture methods on my list?
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Is Friday on September 25, 2014, 08:05:49 AM
... when I still haven't tried all the neat torture methods on my list?

What, like, try to mudsex them?

Man, why's it always the biggest mudsluts that start with me? Quit hatin' on my fades, yo.

Quote from: MeTekillot on September 25, 2014, 01:07:33 AM
I try not to mudsex girls because I'm always afraid it's gonna be Is Friday.

This makes it sound like you mudsex boys to avoid Is Friday.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

XD

That reminded me so much of Scissor Sisters.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Great. Same bunch of people nearly derailing a perfectly valid thread. What happened to our moderators?

Anyway, yeah. Habits die hard, and emoting them out in similar ways is fine. I am guilty of that, probably. If you're solo rping you are essentially emoting for yourself. Do whatever makes you imagination tingle. I know some people want flowery large emotes because they think they're impressive - I think the player is giving me homework to read sometimes..

I essence, don't listen to anyone in this thread nor myself. If you're not breaking any 'rules' and you're having fun then your roleplaying is perfectly acceptable, even with repeated small nods and clicks of your tongue or whatever.
Modern concepts of fair trials and justice are simply nonexistent in Zalanthas. If you are accused, you are guilty until someone important decides you might be useful. It doesn't really matter if you did it or not.

Hilariously inaccurate accounts of the player behind the character are an Arm benchmark, IF.

Some people, as in RL, do the same thing in the same way quite a lot. It sort of makes sense that you'd use the same or similar phrasing for those sorts of actions.

However, if you want to describe your nods as bobs, inclines, declines, positive shakes, dips, or whatever, go ahead. It's all good.  :)
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

I use a lot of the same emotes, depending on the character, I don't focus on the detail of my ways of using the "say" command as much as I possibly should, instead focusing more on what's being said. I find dialogue to be preferable to describing movements and action, although I've been trying to pay more attention than I used to.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword