Started by manonfire, April 30, 2014, 02:03:03 PM

Quote from: Zoan on May 02, 2014, 01:35:06 AM
Quote from: Desertman on May 01, 2014, 05:50:25 PM
You know what's never a bad idea?

Voting.

Vote twice per day here:

Vote once per day here:

STOP SUCKING UP.

So jelly you should change your avatar to a jar of Smuckers.

Haterz gonna' hate.

Vote twice per day here:

Vote once per day here:

Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

You know, Nyr, I still don't completely agree with the reasoning, which was that the potential for abuse or the potential for the supposition of abuse outweighs the good.

However, your last post quite clearly showcases staff thought and the reasoning behind staff thought on such a matter, so I'm with you.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: Nyr on May 01, 2014, 03:23:29 PM
Quote from: Is Friday on May 01, 2014, 03:05:48 PM
8 karma players nowadays go through a very long vetting process. And if you're worried about them "ruining your day" with room echoes, you must not fully grasp just what IG powers an 8 karma player already has. I'm laughing to myself how ridiculous denying room echoes is for players who can play psi or sorc characters because of "abuse potential".

An 8 karma player can ruin your day, undoubtedly, but in the end, they are just one character.  The most they can do to you is power-emote virtual reactions.  Add in the ability to echo (again, something not even staff are allowed to do nor can they codedly do this with their avatars) and yes, you have an open range of abuse potential, and you can't even separate the character from the emote.  Staff animations are already taken as gospel often enough.  The same goes for echoes.  Either everyone kowtows to the person with 8 karma that's flexing their echo power and going over the edge with what they can do, or everyone starts blatantly ignoring them when it doesn't suit them, because "those echoes are from a player, not a staffer."

It's a terrible idea.

Totally agree with Nyr. I mean there are so many potential problems that could crop up with this. What if there are two 8 karma players in the same room and they're both attempting to drive the scene? What if a staff member is also in the room and attempting to throw in echos?

Large and massive boulders are tumbling from the sky.

The boulders suddenly vanish in mid-air and nothing remains but a eerie and quiet calm.

Suddenly the boulders appear out of no-where and slam into you! Knocking you into the western canyon wall.

I say let the staff do their job. They are trusted with this type of ability and in turn know how to enhance scenes and how to properly feed echos into a room.