Discussion for the Legions / tribal levies

Started by Nyr, March 18, 2014, 10:04:34 PM

Quote from: Zoan on March 19, 2014, 04:48:52 PM
Nyr, if you could make it that crime is free and open in the designated dirty Levies areas, it would make being in the Levies so much more entertaining. I have this impression that the Levies, yes, is where shiny-eyed patriots go to serve the Sun King for a spell, but I have a feeling if you're shiny-eyed and patriotic, you're probably doing a "stint" in the Legions.

No, the Levies is where you are if you screwed up BIG, and now you're atoning. You're not saying it, nobody's saying it, but you're all the worst kinds of people in Tuluk who now have a brand and will be rounded up to vanguard in the event of total war.

Atonement and screwing up badly are things we're going to cover soon.  The levies may (or may not) play some part in that.  See the previous post on how things end up getting linked together in series--sometimes we have to lay ground work for future stuff.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

I can't wait until I have a PC that can be in the levies or at least pay the levy tax. Can't say that enough.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

After reading more and more of this, I'll be honestly, I'm interested.  I've always wanted to see more ways for interaction within Tuluk besides the Sanctuary.  With the lower population it makes it hard to find interaction when you're just a dirty commoner with very little to no social status.  My dirty, grubby hunter would never be found in the Sanctuary in more cases, or my grungy, foul mouthed sell sword, would like more often likely get kicked out of the Sanc, fits right in with the Levy's and he can even say, "Hey, I'm with the levies, you should hire me." Is likely to get more say over the other guy that isn't in a levy.

Very interesting concepts... we need more grit in Tuluk, but it doesn't mean we need to remove the subtle.
A staff member sends:
     "Looks like you introduced him to *puts on sunslits* the school of hard Knoxx.  YEEEEAAAAAAH"

Quote from: JustAnotherGuy on March 20, 2014, 03:36:48 PM
After reading more and more of this, I'll be honestly, I'm interested.  I've always wanted to see more ways for interaction within Tuluk besides the Sanctuary.

I agree, I really haven't seen that much lower classness in Tuluk and it would be nice to see that.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

How did I not notice this sooner? These are awesome changes. It actually makes me want to roll a Tuluki and give it a go.

The levies will be going in live this weekend at this event.  If you were waiting to play there, that's a good time to start.

Does it need its own helpfile, or do you think the blurb on the Utep Sun Clan page works well enough?
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Nyr on April 03, 2014, 02:40:25 PM
The levies will be going in live this weekend at this event.  If you were waiting to play there, that's a good time to start.

Does it need its own helpfile, or do you think the blurb on the Utep Sun Clan page works well enough?
I feel it's own helpfile would be useful, since this isn't actually a part of the Legions. (Well, formally.) Plus, there's a lot of stuff in it, and I'd hate to see it glossed over.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Steady access to crappy gruel and hot dirty water? Hell yeah! Not having to worry about where your next drink or meal comes from is a big deal.
"People survive by climbing over anyone who gets in their way, by cheating, stealing, killing, swindling, or otherwise taking advantage of others."
-Ginka

"Don't do this. I can't believe I have to write this post."
-Rathustra

Quote from: The Lonely Hunter on April 17, 2014, 08:39:51 AM
Steady access to crappy gruel and hot dirty water? Hell yeah! Not having to worry about where your next drink or meal comes from is a big deal.

In Nak sure, but Tuluk... I'm personally not sold yet, but the idea behind it is interesting...
Two dwarves get into a small fist-fray over who owns a pile of dung at the roadside.

You think:
     "Get your shit together"