Time

Started by Silent Bob, September 06, 2003, 06:33:45 PM

What time is 8pm CDT time?  In EST what time is that?

9pm est
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

CDT is 'Central Daylight Time' - it is what CST, 'Central Standard Time' shifts to when we switch to daylight savings time.

Some people are for some reason particularly picky about the distinction. However, I've always just said 'CST', whenever I'm arranging a time for things to happen, because its all pretty much the same, relative to me.

If someone gives you a time in CST, or CST...just shave an hour off of it. 6:00 CST is 5:00 EST.
Tlaloc
Legend

Quote from: "Tlaloc"If someone gives you a time in CST, or CST...just shave an hour off of it. 6:00 CST is 5:00 EST.

I think you have that backwards.

8:00 EST is 7:00 CST/CDT
When we found her Marnlee mornin',
Hoofprints walking up her back
There were empties by her war braids
And sixty-five dead carru in a stack.

~ Unknown - Heru Got Runover by a Carru

Yeah.  PST is EST -3.  MST is EST -2.  CST is EST -1.

So right now, approximately 7pm EST, its 6pm CST, 5pm MST and those bastards in Cali its 4pm CST.

Uhh, yeah, sorry. Had that backwards. The heat has me addled.
Tlaloc
Legend

Quote from: "Summer"Just use GMT!

Bah, why should those bastards in Greenwich get it easy?

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Quote from: "Angela Christine"
Bah, why should those bastards in Greenwich get it easy?

They shouldn't. Let's all use UTC (Coordinated Universal Time). It's about the same as GMT, but it sounds cooler and it's easier to pronounce.