Number required for gbd RPT announcement?

Started by KankWhisperer, January 28, 2014, 12:10:06 PM

How many PCs need to be involved for one of these private RPT announcements?

I'd say, as many as cannot be reasonably communicated with about the event in question in game at once.

So, if you're having an easy time contacting all the members within the space of an hour and telling them the time, do it in game. I think that's usually about 4 or 5 people at most, because beyond that it's hard to get in touch with everyone in the same day.

So, 6 or more?
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

I'd prefer to see it on a board, rather than sitting down and waying six people  one after the other with OOC. That's what boards are for, isn't it?

Do we really need a number? One person other than me? You way them, more than one with all kinds of schedules? I wouldn't hesitate to post. Plus it makes everyone else wonder.  :P
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

3?
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

In this case the announcement was prompted by the number of clans involved just as much as the number of players.
Quote from: Gimfalisette
The rest of you, if you see a blingy, buff brunette-blonde pair hanging out together pretty soon at your local bar, just...it's nothing. Move along. (Do not hit on them.)

You're never gonna get an exact number. If an event is RPT-like, it should be posted about somewhere. If it involves one clan, it will be on the clan forum - if it involves no clans or multiple clans, it will be in Player Announcements.

Better question would probably have been what constitutes something important enough to be posted on the gdb as a rpt.

Thanks to the posters who could bring themselves to post without snark.

I'll just do it and then get slapped in the hand later.

Quote from: KankWhisperer on January 28, 2014, 02:04:15 PM
Better question would probably have been what constitutes something important enough to be posted on the gdb as a rpt.

Thanks to the posters who could bring themselves to post without snark.

I'll just do it and then get slapped in the hand later.

I am pretty sure there just needs to be common sense brought to the post. 
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Quote from: Wish on January 28, 2014, 01:25:10 PM
In this case the announcement was prompted by the number of clans involved just as much as the number of players.

I think the number of clans should more important than number of players just as this post says.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Barsook on January 28, 2014, 03:24:03 PM
Quote from: Wish on January 28, 2014, 01:25:10 PM

I think the number of clans should more important than number of players just as this post says.

Or anything that has a sizable (3+) number of unclanned, since unclanned don't have any good OOC way to organize play times besides this board.

I have decided on 4 as a comfortable number of unclanned. (The typical number of PCs in a family role, just so happens to be.)
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2