GeddonDown?

Started by Nehoc, January 22, 2014, 05:01:51 PM

We've been investigating this for a while.  Yes, sometimes we have been crashing; for those of you aching for some real old school Armageddon nostalgia, this probably takes you back!  :)

We hope to get to the bottom of it soon.  Top men are working on it.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

I forgot how bad it was back in the day. I was generally just happy to find an open computer at my college's lab where I could log in and play. Thank you for the update Nyr.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

So I'm having trouble accessing the website when I type armageddon.org into my browser bar, but www.armageddon.org sometimes works ok (but sometimes I can't access the website at all!)  Also, I can't connect to the mud using armageddon.org, but ginka.armageddon.org and the IP works fine.  This is the case across multiple browsers and computers and mobile devices.

DNS issue maybe?  Anybody else noticing this?
Quote from: Gimfalisette
The rest of you, if you see a blingy, buff brunette-blonde pair hanging out together pretty soon at your local bar, just...it's nothing. Move along. (Do not hit on them.)

Yes. Shits all fuckery, to put it scientifically.

GDB was just down for me.

Yes, Wish.

I keep getting weird errors when trying to connect sometimes.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

I couldn't access Arm or the GDB last night.  I was sad.

Did anyone just get disconnected or should I call up comcast to yell at some poor phone rep because their service can't even handle a text-based game while someone else is watching netflix?

Nope, that was everyone.

....SIGH
The rest of you, if you see a blingy, buff brunette-blonde pair hanging out together pretty soon at your local bar, just...it's nothing. Move along. (Do not hit on them.)

*heavy sigh*
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

It's always just when I put something down -- I need to stop putting stuff down!

QuoteSystem statistics:
------------------
System was started on : Sun Feb 23 15:35:36 2014.
Current system time is: Tue Mar  4 10:01:01 2014.
Uptime: 8 days, 18:25:25

awww yisss
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

Quote from: Nyr on March 04, 2014, 10:01:12 AM
QuoteSystem statistics:
------------------
System was started on : Sun Feb 23 15:35:36 2014.
Current system time is: Tue Mar  4 10:01:01 2014.
Uptime: 8 days, 18:25:25

awww yisss

Noooooo... How do I sell my things now?!
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

Does that mean your ironed out the issue, or that it eventually fixed itself?

My personal internet has been SO SHITTY. I dream of a day it gets fixed.

Tiernan found an issue and (knock on wood) it seems to be the one.

Quote from: Nyr on March 04, 2014, 02:21:20 PM
Tiernan found an issue and (knock on wood) it seems to be the one.
Tiernan for president.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Quote from: Fujikoma on March 04, 2014, 10:08:37 AM

So, odd question, but has this also "fixed the problem" with Indies being able to sell too much stuff to merchants?  And are we at a point where the NPC merchants are buying at the rate they should be expected to?  Or will the lack of crashes mean a fix is needed for NPC merchant inventory refreshes?
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

Quote from: whitt on March 06, 2014, 09:18:47 PM
Quote from: Fujikoma on March 04, 2014, 10:08:37 AM

So, odd question, but has this also "fixed the problem" with Indies being able to sell too much stuff to merchants?  And are we at a point where the NPC merchants are buying at the rate they should be expected to?  Or will the lack of crashes mean a fix is needed for NPC merchant inventory refreshes?

It would appear the crash problem and the indie problem were fixed in one fell swoop. :P
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

So umm that's like 4 crashes in like a ten minute span. Is there something going on?

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Glad it wasn't just me. Dangerous..

Quote from: slvrmoontiger on March 14, 2014, 07:33:45 PM
So umm that's like 4 crashes in like a ten minute span. Is there something going on?

Elder Scrolls Online beta weekend. I think Nyr is just trying to download the client.
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.