Revamping the Way

Started by Harmless, November 22, 2013, 12:05:40 PM

Would rather contact just be auto-successful against non-barriered targets, and barriers be more effective overall.
<Morgenes> Dunno if it's ever been advertised, but we use Runequest as a lot of our inspiration, and that will be continued in Arm 2
<H&H> I can't take that seriously.
<Morgenes> sorry HnH, can't take what seriously?
<H&H>Oh, I read Runescape. Nevermin

Quote from: MeTekillot on November 24, 2013, 03:33:02 AM
I think you should be able to psi-listen to let you overhear Way conversations that are being heard near you in the same room. I don't like how the Way is 100% discreet to everyone but participants and mindbenders.

Not 100%. It's an OOC accident, but I like the way psi's and thinks sometimes leak. I look on it as a penalty of psionic powers, and always treat it as an IC fact.

Quote from: solera on November 25, 2013, 01:04:25 AM

\It's an OOC accident

always treat it as an IC fact.

i don't fancy the cut of this jib.

Brief Barrier
Barrier Status

No longer have to see the echo of when someone enters or leaves your mind. You can opt out of watching your characters constant suffering. I want to see a brief command added to the Way.

Quote from: Tyas on November 25, 2013, 05:11:41 AM
Brief Barrier
Barrier Status

No longer have to see the echo of when someone enters or leaves your mind. You can opt out of watching your characters constant suffering. I want to see a brief command added to the Way.

Client-side gag command?

This is more than a great idea. I never would of thought of looking into that. Thanks.

Quote from: DustMight on November 25, 2013, 07:45:21 PM
Brief Barrier
Barrier Status

Client-side gag command?

Brief Barrier
Barrier Status

You might want to be careful with that at lower skill levels.  It's a good way to take an unplanned nap.
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

November 27, 2013, 10:43:36 PM #57 Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 12:33:30 AM by Tyas
Quote from: James de Monet on November 27, 2013, 04:42:12 AM
Brief Barrier
Barrier Status

You might want to be careful with that at lower skill levels.  It's a good way to take an unplanned nap.

It never concerned me, going unconscious from use of the Way alone. I am careful about tending to my characters on that. Although, I do enjoy the challenge of forcing out low stats during character creation. The one right now though is running on zero stun and is dumb as a door knob. So I've got barrier up constantly the past months on him, and the bloke ain't learned nothin' yet. I cannot fathom going through this again and again, and again, with my future characters. No, no no no!

EDIT: And therefore, I did what DustMight recommended with the client-side gag command.