Tiny Suggestion: Hidden shoulder scars/tattoos

Started by TillForPie, November 16, 2013, 07:24:45 AM

Quote from: Ouroboros on November 18, 2013, 11:13:49 AM
Quote from: Lizzie on November 18, 2013, 10:14:08 AM
Quote from: Delirium on November 18, 2013, 08:43:29 AM
Just make shoulder tattoos covered by about_body items, i.e. cloaks.

Unless of course tattoo locations can be targeted independently of wearlocs, in which case it's all groovy. If that was the case though, I imagine we wouldn't be having this issue to begin with. Anything worn on the torso would also hide shoulder and back tattoos, boots and/or legs would hide ankle tattoos, etc. So chances are, if a true fix to the issue was desired, the targetting of tattoo locations would have to be coded first, aside from any nuance issues of having to go through reading sdescs and mdescs.

TL;DR: It's doable, possibly could lead to new issues by hiding worn shoulder objects, which could be addressed via the open/close function of cloaks, and thematically might be more realistic than the current alternative.

No, they wouldn't, because breastplates are a front piece, not a back piece. Cuirasses, yes, but any plating specifically directed at the front is not going to hide much if anything on the back.
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

Much as I'd love to debate that with you, read the thread's subject line and let's stick to that. As opposed to picking at a single sentence that was a side-note in my post and arguing it for argument's sake.

The thread is specifically about shoulder locations. Cloaks have been suggested as a realistic choice of garment to hide them, because code and time limitations would make treating this with full realism unfeasible. If you've got thoughts to share on that, by all means...
Quote from: Nyr on September 30, 2013, 11:33:28 AMYes, killing them is possible, but leaving someone alive can create interesting roleplay.

I'm pretty much agreeing with that much right there. The cloaks can moreo r less be made as general shoulder covers, and any sleeveless variants can be modified. There's like, what, three sleeveless variants? If that?

Do fingerless gloves still hide rings? (I'm thinking yes?)

If so, then I'm fine with sleeveless cloaks and vests hiding shoulder tattoos. If not, then whatever code makes fingerless gloves act different from fingered ones could be extended to apply to sleeveless cloaks/vests too.
subdue thread
release thread pit

Quote from: Jherlen on November 18, 2013, 11:48:27 AMDo fingerless gloves still hide rings? (I'm thinking yes?)

Yep, they do. Exactly due to the aforementioned coded limitations of the game.
Quote from: Nyr on September 30, 2013, 11:33:28 AMYes, killing them is possible, but leaving someone alive can create interesting roleplay.

November 19, 2013, 07:07:51 AM #30 Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 07:09:40 AM by Lizzie
Quote from: evilcabbage on November 18, 2013, 11:22:08 AM
Quote from: Ouroboros on November 18, 2013, 11:13:49 AM
Quote from: Lizzie on November 18, 2013, 10:14:08 AM
Quote from: Delirium on November 18, 2013, 08:43:29 AM
Just make shoulder tattoos covered by about_body items, i.e. cloaks.

Unless of course tattoo locations can be targeted independently of wearlocs, in which case it's all groovy. If that was the case though, I imagine we wouldn't be having this issue to begin with. Anything worn on the torso would also hide shoulder and back tattoos, boots and/or legs would hide ankle tattoos, etc. So chances are, if a true fix to the issue was desired, the targetting of tattoo locations would have to be coded first, aside from any nuance issues of having to go through reading sdescs and mdescs.

TL;DR: It's doable, possibly could lead to new issues by hiding worn shoulder objects, which could be addressed via the open/close function of cloaks, and thematically might be more realistic than the current alternative.

No, they wouldn't, because breastplates are a front piece, not a back piece. Cuirasses, yes, but any plating specifically directed at the front is not going to hide much if anything on the back.

You need to learn how to use quote-nests. There is nothing in the quotes above, that can be attributed to me. It looks like you hit the quote button on a post, then deleted everything *I* said, and nested what you said, into the quoted post, so that it looked like you hadn't actually responded but instead, quoted yourself responding to things other people said - including me - though the quote of what I said isn't in there - only my name, and a response that belongs to someone else.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Probably because nothing I had to say, at all, had anything to do with you, at all, and came from the quote that I was referencing in regards to breastplates. Done yet?

Quote from: evilcabbage on November 19, 2013, 09:09:35 AM
Probably because nothing I had to say, at all, had anything to do with you, at all, and came from the quote that I was referencing in regards to breastplates. Done yet?

Except it made it look like I was saying whatever it was that Ouroboros said. And I didn't say that. He did.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

This topic is so old.

But I feel like it should be addressed once more because I want my sleeved items to cover my arm armor and a lot of my shoulder tats.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

I'll second that Chettaman.

I think 7DeadlyVenomz had the right of it here. I can't imagine how adding functionality to hide shoulders when cloak is closed would be very difficult. I don't know what the fuck lizzie was talking about (nothing new there) about digging through mdescs, but a simple around body <- left/right shoulder relationship should probably be a pretty easy add.
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

I just want the "revealing an Ed Hardy tattoo/a pair of boring scars" message to go away if you are removing something like, say, a backpack, but are still wearing clothes that cover the tattoo/scar when someone "looks" at you.

Quote from: Beethoven on February 08, 2015, 03:04:54 PM
I just want the "revealing an Ed Hardy tattoo/a pair of boring scars" message to go away if you are removing something like, say, a backpack, but are still wearing clothes that cover the tattoo/scar when someone "looks" at you.

This so needs to be fixed.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.