Let's Give Each Other Ideas

Started by i love toilets, October 26, 2013, 05:54:09 PM

A half-giant that longs to be a bard reciting dramatic monologues, but can't help winding up a stand-up comedian.
Clothes make the man.  Naked people have little or no influence in society.
~Mark Twain

Someone who badly, badly, badly, badly, more than anything in the world, wants to destroy the world, or to make everything that is alive dead with the add-on that there are no more living things, ever, after they themselves die.

Dwarf foci, a tribal belief, a comic book supervillian mentality where they're just so evil and power-mongering that they don't give a fuck and they want this power, and they want to erase all possible threat to them, but mostly they just freakin' love power. Or they love murder.

Someone who mastercrafts their own liquor and has that as their sole or main source of income--- specialty moonshine. They reach for the stars, too. They end up getting a deal to sell four tuns every half-month to Kadius for the next year for example, becoming almost rich in the process. Maybe they end up creating a second recipe, a Crown Royale Black to their Crown Royale. And you know what happens to those with moderate success and no protection, if you wanted to take that road. Personally I can't think of more than a couple of better ways to get killed in a petty manner.
Eat your fries with mayonnaise next time

A tribal convinced that there is a prophecy foretelling the coming of a third God King...and that they can make this come about by kidnapping nobles and forcing them to mate to produce said God King.

This probably isn't so much "rape" as it is sticking a pack of noble men and one noble woman in a room with a keg of hooch.
Clothes make the man.  Naked people have little or no influence in society.
~Mark Twain

Lord Templar Fale

I am honored that you would invite me to your party, on your (sons/daughters wedding day), and I hope that their first child be a flamboyant child.

I'm gonna leave you now, because I know you are a busy man.
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

Elven telemarketers. They could take pride in conning the more slow-witted races into restrictive telephone contracts, even as they sit crammed in like sardines, sweating in their tiny little cubicles.

...Yes, I had to stop lurking just because this idea amused me so greatly.

Holy shit. Lurking doesn't do you justice. Over three years?

Gawd damn, man.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

I've only actually been lurking for maybe the last year or so, in truth- I made the account way back then when I first tried to get into Arm(having never played an RPI before), wandered around in some desert outpost wondering why none of these strange players were responding to me, then stumbled out into a sandstorm and died.
A couple of false-starts later and I'm intending to actually stick around this time.  :-\

To keep on-topic: how about a dwarf with the Focus of replacing all their limbs with functional weapons? Bonus points if said weapons are flails.

Quote from: yoink on January 28, 2014, 02:44:56 AM
Elven telemarketers. They could take pride in conning the more slow-witted races into restrictive telephone contracts, even as they sit crammed in like sardines, sweating in their tiny little cubicles.

...Yes, I had to stop lurking just because this idea amused me so greatly.

So this got me thinking...

A "mindbender hunter". You advertise. You pick a target. Pick an annoying would be bender. Start waying the target. Jump in and out. Throw accusations around in private, offer to kill the bender for money. 

I figure you can get at least three maybe four in prior to being accused of bending yourself and dying a glorious arena death.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Tuluki whose immediate relative (no second cousins, no slacking!) was found guilty of being a 'gicker and now you no longer have an (immediate relative). Live in absolute, soul-crushing fear, for what is probably very little time left. I don't know. I don't know if they'd just leave you alone.

January 29, 2014, 08:16:20 PM #84 Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 08:18:41 PM by Qzzrbl
An actual f'cking 'Rinther that only leaves the alleys to mug/steal from Allanak and openly dislikes and challenges southsiders in the alleys.

Bonus points if you don't dress rich after maxxing stealth skills and wildly distrust other 'Rinthers that don't have the same mindset.

x100 points multiplier if you don't buff up in the Byn first.

Quote from: Qzzrbl on January 29, 2014, 08:16:20 PM
An actual f'cking 'Rinther that only leaves the alleys to mug/steal from Allanak and openly dislikes and challenges southsiders in the alleys.

Bonus points if you don't dress rich after maxxing stealth skills and wildly distrust other 'Rinthers that don't have the same mindset.

I've done this at least twice. Gimme mai points.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Quote from: Zoltan on January 29, 2014, 08:23:37 PM

Without getting ganked in the first few weeks?

Quote from: Qzzrbl on January 29, 2014, 08:59:23 PM

First guy lived for a few months before being ganked. The second guy lived it up for a few weeks and was so 'Rinth he picked a fight with a sorcerer. The sorcerer won.  :-X
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Quote from: Zoltan on January 29, 2014, 09:03:43 PM
Quote from: Qzzrbl on January 29, 2014, 08:59:23 PM

First guy lived for a few months before being ganked. The second guy lived it up for a few weeks and was so 'Rinth he picked a fight with a sorcerer. The sorcerer won.  :-X

Next time, on "When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong..."
subdue thread
release thread pit

Quote from: Zoltan on January 29, 2014, 09:03:43 PM
The second guy lived it up for a few weeks and was so 'Rinth he picked a fight with a sorcerer. The sorcerer won.  :-X

Was the sorcerer speaking with a southern accent, at least ?

A new gang in the 'rinth. You don't take shit from no one. You claim all the turf now, and anyone who wants to prove you wrong can try. Also, all of the people in your gang dress as ''feminine'' as possible as a requirement. Except you.  You wear the latest kadian fashions.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

Quote from: Chettaman on January 30, 2014, 05:48:05 PM
A new gang in the 'rinth. You don't take shit from no one. You claim all the turf now, and anyone who wants to prove you wrong can try. Also, all of the people in your gang dress as ''feminine'' as possible as a requirement. Except you.  You wear the latest kadian fashions.

... How does wearing the latest kadian fashion -not- constitute as feminine, exactly, depending on which fashion?
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

The klutz. 

I'm sure most of us have done a emoted a clumsy fail, but this guy/gal...everything.  Can't sit at a bar without knocking the stool over.  Can't pick up a bottle without slopping half of it in his lap.  Can't walk up a flight of stairs without tripping and smashing his elbow.  Can't get up on a mount without falling (head first) into a huge pile of shit.

Now pick something they want to accomplish in their life.  Acrobat?  Dancer?  Oh!!!  Waitress!  Barber!

Quote from: Culinary Critic on February 04, 2014, 05:35:44 PM
The klutz.  

I had the pleasure of playing this metatype.  I rolled below average agility, and decided to make him clumsy.  He often covered it by doing things lazily, but he was always bumping into things, tripping, knocking shot glasses over, all while wearing silt plate armor.  He didn't have to aspire to be anything, though.

Miley cyrus--- a bard or otherwise a performer that comes to have big status and uh, acts like miley cyrus X) Don't say you don't think that'd be fun. Take that normally, too. I have that name because I believe in a person being themselves. Creeping a few people out is an unintended bonus.

A soldier who is deeply, deeply, eventually disturbingly obsessed with their faith. Even other soldiers get a little edgy when they enter the room. You could pay an idiot pc to say something vaguely disloyal around them and watch the show.

A bard who is unbelievingly good, but deep down wishes desperately that they were doing something else. But their survival is too well ensured for them to consider leaving. Unbelievably good, or high-ranking and well paid, since we aren't all blessed with writing skills.

Sociopaths are not too hard when you play them a certain way--- they're people, just kind of without souls. It'd be really hard for them to go through life without realizing they're different in a fundamental way from the people around them. Apart from just building them as a person, how do they deal with being a sociopath? Do they give a fuck what other people think of them, and how much of a fuck do they give? Do they consider themselves superior, inferior, to normal people? If they are a combatant, how do they view mercy and killing? If they are ambitious, how well do they take to leadership and working with others?

And the beautiful dice roll, the 7/10 chance of finding something awesome when you try something you've never done before. Given that I'm a very niche individual in some ways, I think the chances are better for most people.

Start out in the game with the name of someone alive who is wanted, or is in deep shit somewhere. Kind of more of a detail than an idea.

*Your love is like a fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiireball!*
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Amos get off that thing and put some krathdamn clothes on.  :D
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Sewer Cult.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Dwarf Female
Focus: Sleep with every Dwarf Male.

For efficiency and in order not to waste time by sleeping with the same dwarf male twice she kills every dwarf male after she has slept with him.
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

Defiler spec app, maybe?

You plummet to the ground below.....
Halfway Down a Huge Cliff [U, D]

>u
You scramble for purchase and stop your fall!

>skill stealth
Climb           <novice>

>think (desperate) Ohhhhh fuck.....
Feeling desperate, you think,
     "Ohhhhh fuck....."

Someone says to you in unnatural-accented Sirihish,
     "I will give you anything you wish for, but beware... I will give you everything that you wish for."
Grebber - One who grebs.