Remember Me

Started by Yummri, October 12, 2013, 08:43:22 AM

Quote from: Refugee on October 21, 2013, 11:57:54 PM
Quote from: FantasyWriter on October 20, 2013, 10:45:33 AM
I think it would be very helpful if you could "key . room" and get the same liist without having to read through your inventory and equipment lists.

Oh yes.  Please.

Yes! This! This would be great!
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

Quote from: Fujikoma on October 22, 2013, 01:02:03 PM
Quote from: Refugee on October 21, 2013, 11:57:54 PM
Quote from: FantasyWriter on October 20, 2013, 10:45:33 AM
I think it would be very helpful if you could "key . room" and get the same liist without having to read through your inventory and equipment lists.

Oh yes.  Please.

Yes! This! This would be great!
Oh yeah. Do that, Morg.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Please do this too, because using key is useful but it is very very spammy.

On the topic of a remember command, I was part of staff on another game that used this type of system.

Much like has been said it could include skill checks that take into account changing clothes, voice (ala listen skill), distance (via scan skill), and even key emotes that people might use (via watch skill). It also was a command you had to enter while standing in the same room with someone, meaning you have ample oppertunity to role play an introduction.

The distance/time between when you last saw someone and now/appearance changes would all increase the difficulty on being able to remember who a person is. It could take a bit of time before you remember them, and that helps to level the playing field. Skill checks for this are something I can agree with if it was going to be a system open to the whole game community and not just the visually impaired.

If this were to be a system strictly for visually impaired players to request, then I don't think the skill checks are really needed. This is a tool that will help Arm retain a good portion of new players, and allow them to more readily interact with the game as a whole. This isn't a system they're looking to abuse, though I can understand why some people feel that it could be.

The main thing I think people have to remember is that change isn't a bad thing. This is exactly the same thing as setting up a trigger to do it with your client, except it is done by the code in game rather than having to learn how to script out of game. It's no different than meeting someone a couple times and noting on a notepad file what they look like with a hood up or down, what mount they ride, what weapon they use, which in my opinion is highly more abusable than having the code do this in a way that requires skill and role play both.

Quote from: Yummri on October 12, 2013, 10:59:29 AM
Here is the thing.. Moments where you thin you recognize someone could still be a feature, especially if codded that after a while you may not recognize them right away and it may take them speak to recognize voice etc which can be done.

Also for those people who like the system as it is no one would be forcing you to use it, but the choice should be there.

As a further point, this does not aid in accessibility for any visually impaired players, of which I am one and know a few trying to get into the game but finding system like this which ass to the complication of play.

As a side note. I have no idea how to do that with my client. I'm using MUSHcliet so if someone could tell me how to do this I would appreciate it, but simply get used to it isn't something that is suitible for everyoe and not for lack of trying. Especially as a newbie.
I totally see this helping me out to, for I am a blind player, and loving the game so far, but just remembering the person is a bit, maybe if you could just remember the person for a while? like you have to see them like between one month to keep remembering them. about seeing people and not remembering who they are? heh, I can't see, and I remember like crazy, i'm good at remembering voices. take care...