Tuluk's Shadow Artists: Now With More Flavor

Started by Nyr, September 26, 2013, 02:11:06 PM

My problem with the can't say no part has nothing to do with 100% freedom or any freedom. It is the knowledge that there is no reason at all to think the player of the templar doing the promoting or matching jobs has anyind of clue at all as to what they are doing... in fact...my past experience has been that thwy do not...having played a successful thief...assassin or any class for that.matter is not something you need to get a templar role
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I may have said this before, but I just think this is all a definite step in the right direction for Tuluk. The iron claw of tyranny wrapped in a silk glove. It's hard to think of Tuluk as nice and cuddly when everyone has access to bad guys willing to send any message or even kill over slights real or imagined. Keeps the populace focused on worrying about each other, and not thinking dangerous thoughts about things the Sun King doesn't want them to.

Would make Tuluk scarier than Allanak in some ways, because at least in Allanak you know which ass to kiss and which to kick.

Quote from: X-D on October 01, 2013, 03:25:38 AM
My problem with the can't say no part has nothing to do with 100% freedom or any freedom. It is the knowledge that there is no reason at all to think the player of the templar doing the promoting or matching jobs has anyind of clue at all as to what they are doing... in fact...my past experience has been that thwy do not...having played a successful thief...assassin or any class for that.matter is not something you need to get a templar role

Then don't submit your characters to that? Be a criminal killer-for-hire or freelance thief and not a Shadow Artist? If the Templars are unknowing as you say, you might be able to get away with it!  ;)
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

October 01, 2013, 03:53:46 AM #477 Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 03:56:26 AM by X-D
What a horrible reply.  did you even read or understand it before quoting then replying that nonsense? I said nothing about the templar being clueless. Making your sugestion just silly. i am commenting on the very real fact that there is no reason why the player behind it should have a clue.

NOW...if the docs for shadow artist included at some point the artist at least having the imput to be able to suggest to the templar that this is not a task they ate able to complete...and documented that the templat should be considering the completion more important then the artst saying no. then i am all good...i do not care if the player of the artist overestimates thier skills...that is on them... but you would be amazed how.many times in the past i have seen templars send people on suicide missions and they honestly expected it to be completed simply because the PLAYER did not know any better.

Oh...that last bit applies to pretty much any leader...but least in other clans you have recourse...quit...refuse...go over head.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Generally the winking face means it's a joke, dude.

Although the part about if you don't like the system, work outside it still stands. Kudos to those who try it too.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Sorry...no winking face on my phone...or.missed it. And it is not so much.not liking the system...i like the idea just fine...just looking for loopholes or other fixes.  players knowing or not knowing how another guild works should not be something that decides the ic fate of another.  Yet that is just what is being depended on.   sure...i have run into templars played by people that have a great understanding on each class and i have also see ones who i am sure the player only had merchants before hand.  So...i believe that the shadow artist player should have some recourse...be it ic or ooc (staff) and that should be documented.

Also...i have some concerns about how pricing to be regulated..
somebody feels like posting or linking where that may have been covered?
Lizzie:

Just like you don't know what pricing structures are there right now, you probably won't know what pricing structures are there in the future.  It's probably a good thing you didn't know what it was until now.

Quote from: Sayyadina on September 30, 2013, 11:41:07 PM
I wonder if a compromise would be acceptable to both "sides?"  Maybe the templarate can have the ability to compel Shartists to do jobs, but not EVERY job.  Maybe the Shartist can be forced to accept any job, but she gets paid triple the normal rate and the difference comes out of the templar's pocket (and not the contracting agent's pocket)?  Or maybe a Shartist can decline one job for every job they've accepted?  Or maybe a Shartist can be compelled 3 times per IC year for an apprentice, 2 times yearly for a journeyman, and once per year for a master?

Probably not as you've suggested here.  What we are probably planning to do is to move the system from one in which the artist has no power to one in which the artist has some small amount of say, and any refusal could directly affect their status or even their remaining an artist, depending on reasons for refusal.  We'll re-open this for discussion once the revised documentation is up.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.