Surviving in red storm and luirs?

Started by Lutagar, September 15, 2013, 01:09:10 PM

Just curious about the legalities in Storm regarding gickers, active spells, etc... Imagine the answer is find out IC, but hoping to get lucky and have someone spell it out for me.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

Quote from: Fujikoma on October 10, 2013, 07:17:04 PM
Just curious about the legalities in Storm regarding gickers, active spells, etc... Imagine the answer is find out IC, but hoping to get lucky and have someone spell it out for me.

mon un gdb nathro wril

Spelled it out to you. Har har har.

Red Storm is a place where people keep to themselves, generally. Everyone has something to hide. Just don't go stirring up trouble. As with most of Zalanthas, being overtly magickal and magickin' all over the place will stir up trouble. And they really don't like trouble like that in Red Storm. I believe the IG rumor board has more particulars.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Magick is illegal in Red Storm.

Couple threads with staff answers for you:

Red Storm and Magick
Magick in Red Storm
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

Quote from: Bushranger on October 10, 2013, 07:26:37 PM
Magick is illegal in Red Storm.

Couple threads with staff answers for you:

Red Storm and Magick
Magick in Red Storm

Thanks a lot, Bushranger, but now I think I'm even more confused. Lot of different opinions on views on magickers and gemmed in Red Storm. The older post was from back in 2004, imagine things have changed a little since then.

Rules of Red Storm:

1) Don't cast in public.

2) Don't have obvious magickal effects on you in public.

3) Mind your goddamn business.

In other words - you're allowed to *be* a magicker, in Red Storm. The *use* of magicks, however, is not permitted, and showing up with visible effects of magicks surrounding/covering you is also not permitted.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Thanks for explaining it simply. Was a lot of talk of mob rage and waiting outside the gates. Not sure what to think about that.

October 10, 2013, 09:20:06 PM #33 Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 09:42:24 AM by janeshephard
Please mind your own business in Red Storm.

HI WHERE ARE YOU FROM WHAT DO YOU DO?

Read the room descriptions. People avoid eye contact.

I had a character practically harassed for not being chatty in RS. This was by other 'locals'.

I don't roll RS anymore.

EDIT:

Fixed typo.
Quote from: Morrolan on July 16, 2013, 01:43:41 AM
And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.

Quote from: janeshephard on October 10, 2013, 09:20:06 PM

Read the room do descriptions. People avoid eye contact.

I had a character practically harassed for not being chatty in RS. This was by other 'locals'.

I don't roll RS anymore.

Completely agreed!

When someone is being nosy in Red Storm beat them up and kick them out of our quiet village!

Here is the Andrews Sisters and Danny Kaye explaining how to play in Red Storm village.

Quote from: janeshephard on October 10, 2013, 09:20:06 PM

Read the room descriptions. People avoid eye contact.

I don't roll RS anymore.

EDIT:

Fixed typo.

This is an interaction/conflict based game.  People are going to try to initiate interaction/conflict.  Personally, I don't have any fun when I make a PC whose personality is "speak to no one and keep my hood up at all times", so even when I do roll a RS based character, I'll try to find a way to start a conversation with someone else.  If you have more fun when your character is not speaking to anybody or interacting with anybody, then...just don't talk to anyone, and avoid taverns.
Quote from: Gimfalisette
The rest of you, if you see a blingy, buff brunette-blonde pair hanging out together pretty soon at your local bar, just...it's nothing. Move along. (Do not hit on them.)

October 11, 2013, 04:10:27 PM #36 Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 04:18:54 PM by janeshephard
Quote from: Wish on October 11, 2013, 02:33:58 PM
This is an interaction/conflict based game.  People are going to try to initiate interaction/conflict.  Personally, I don't have any fun when I make a PC whose personality is "speak to no one and keep my hood up at all times", so even when I do roll a RS based character, I'll try to find a way to start a conversation with someone else.  If you have more fun when your character is not speaking to anybody or interacting with anybody, then...just don't talk to anyone, and avoid taverns.

RS very specifically has room descriptions that shows people do -not- want to make casual contact. They want to go about their business and be left alone. I hope you reroll there often and are buried outside the gates often because of your "INTERACTION/CONFLICT."
Quote from: Morrolan on July 16, 2013, 01:43:41 AM
And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.

Quote from: janeshephard on October 11, 2013, 04:10:27 PM
Quote from: Wish on October 11, 2013, 02:33:58 PM
This is an interaction/conflict based game.  People are going to try to initiate interaction/conflict.  Personally, I don't have any fun when I make a PC whose personality is "speak to no one and keep my hood up at all times", so even when I do roll a RS based character, I'll try to find a way to start a conversation with someone else.  If you have more fun when your character is not speaking to anybody or interacting with anybody, then...just don't talk to anyone, and avoid taverns.

JS very specifically has room descriptions that shows people do -not- want to make casual contact. They want to go about their business and be left alone. I hope you reroll there often and are buried outside the gates often because of your "INTERACTION/CONFLICT."

Save your hostility for the game, and submit player complaints if you have an issue with people's red storm roleplay.  I'm simply informing you of why someone might commit the unspeakable, death-deserving act of talking to you in Red Storm.

By the way, nobody would go through the trouble of BURYING a body when there's a huge sea of silt three rooms from the south gate.  We tip corpses off the dock like the Sand Lord intended.
Quote from: Gimfalisette
The rest of you, if you see a blingy, buff brunette-blonde pair hanging out together pretty soon at your local bar, just...it's nothing. Move along. (Do not hit on them.)

Quote from: Wish on October 11, 2013, 04:33:18 PM
We tip corpses off the dock like the Sand Lord intended.

The Silt claims us all.

As for the rest there is a difference between not being nosy and completely anti-social. Folks in Red Storm do keep to themselves and (generally) do not pry into other peoples business and yes in many areas they do just walk along, hoods up heads down. There are other areas where this is not the case in Red Storm. A tavern is a social environment, especially for folks who mosey up to the bar and have a brawl, the difference is in Red Storm the conversation is usually pretty obvious and superfluous things (Spiced ale is good, Allanak is stupid, sand is scratchy, beetles killed someone again) and it'll take quite a bit of time (read weeks/months not hours) yammering about these generic topics before trust for more personal discussion crops up (like name, occupation, asking if that weird mole near your nipple looks normal or not)

If a random stranger approaches in a hoods up, heads down area or when you're secluded in a booth like that I do agree with Jane Shephard, Stab 'em for being nosy and feed their body to the silt. I don't think everyone needs to keep to themselves entirely in Red Storm however. There are limited social aspects to the village.

If you'll accept a clumsy analogy there's a huge difference between:
So... how about those Mets?
and
Hey, are you Hungarian? Cause you look Hungarian. What does your father do for a living? Is he Hungarian?
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

How about those meks?

That's what Zalanthas needs, sports teams for each city. Should be appropriately bloody and violent. Wait, those are called armies.

Quote from: Barzalene on October 11, 2013, 07:24:40 PM
If you'll accept a clumsy analogy there's a huge difference between:
So... how about those Mets?
and
Hey, are you Hungarian? Cause you look Hungarian. What does your father do for a living? Is he Hungarian?

Exactly.

I also think Zalanthas needs some sports teams. Maybe I should spec-app a noble who founds a Zalanthas Blood Bowl league. Pity the halflings are gone, they're one of my funnest teams!

It sounds like a great idea for a Kuraci agent to me. ;)
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I would think the same rules of a bar apply in Red Storm as anywhere.

Are you sitting at the bar?  You are probably more open to talking or looking for interaction.  You've come to the "common area" of the common area, the place where people mingle.

Are you sitting in a booth off to the side?  You may be open to conversation but you did not approach the "mingling area" to seek it out.  You're there to enjoy a drink in silence, possibly alone, or you're waiting for specific company to come.

In places like Red Storm, you might end up being jumped by the locals for annoying the wrong person that was not looking for conversation.  The trick, of course, is learning the signs of who may or may not be interested in talk.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.