Fleeing humanoid NPCs

Started by Cabooze, September 07, 2013, 06:41:45 PM

I couldn't help but notice, in the rinth, when a humanoid NPC starts to flee from a fight and you attempt to chase, the fleeing NPC doesn't seem to lose any stamina and regenerates it quicker than you can catch up. Thus leading to an endless chase. I'm unsure if this is intentional or a glitch, but it slightly peeves me. The same happens with an NPC's HP regeneration. They simply stand there and only takes maybe a minute until it goes from bleeding heavily to standing there. Is this a glitch?

That is normal. NPCs regen because we cant always make them sit or rest or sleep or bandage themselves. They dont regen in combat pr while moving though.

its just sort of ridiculous how it will lead to an endless chase if they continue to flee, regenerating their stamina they lost the moment you enter the same room again for them to flee and have the process repeat itself.

If you're having this "problem," you should probably reconsider whether you know enough about the game and its mechanics to actually be successful in the 'rinth.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

NPCs arent meant to be easy kills. Treat them like real people. Use poison. Block avenues of escape. Etc. im going to lock this thread. More discussion will be IC sensitive so feel free to send in a request if you have more questions about this.