New MUD Client For ME!

Started by LauraMars, August 21, 2013, 01:02:13 PM

Well, I've been a Mush Client user for years, and I think it's a great client.  But lately the lack of auto-spell check (as you type) is REALLY getting to me.

However, I just installed Agent_137 Infobar not that long ago and really don't want to go back to using a prompt.

Are there any clients that have as-you-type spell check available as well as good logging capabilities and a decent infobar?  I'm not averse to paying for a solution.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

I've liked CMud. The coding is simple and you can figure it out without a coding background.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

I love cmud.
All the features I want. It does everything. But I can't get my triggers to work with Kismets infobar
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Been using CMud for years
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

If you use mac, I got an infobar working on Savitar with some help from Seeker. Not sure if it has an auto-spellcheck, you'd have to investigate.

MUSHclient's spellcheck ain't that bad though. Just highlight and click if you're not sure!

August 21, 2013, 01:43:16 PM #5 Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 01:45:08 PM by Wastrel
Please use mudlet. Its simply the best client there is. MUSH is good, but Mudlet is better.

There is a built-in windowed mapper for mudlet also. And because of the way Armageddon is mapped (the game is so old the codebase doesnt really have dynamic mapping, hard to explain) its really really easy to map. My GUI is almost finished. It'll contain windows for combat spam and other things. Other features multiple highlights, a database where you can add new terms and notes, combat gags in different windows, and lots of other things. If you go mudlet this is what you can have, and so much more! Mudlet also has a check-as-you-spell spellchecker.

Sometimes I think about other mud client... but then I feel like I'm too set in my ways.

There are too many armers using obscure 90's mudclients.

#makethechange

Wastrel,

How long before its ready. I love Mudlet but am jealous of everyone having an infobar. The script for MushClient does import in. However, I'm stuck on the /installinfobar() part of it. Is your scripting going to have an infobar?
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Uh, if people wanted it...The infobar for mush is rather crude compared to whats possible in mudlet. I dont have 'an infobar' (I try to keep things simple so I'm not distracted) but I could make one pretty easily if people wanted.

If we try mudlet will you be a resource for help those of us who don't want to have to be smart?
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

I'll have to check out cmud, thanks!

Quote from: Barzalene on August 21, 2013, 02:33:56 PM
If we try mudlet will you be a resource for help those of us who don't want to have to be smart?

lol sure.

mudlet is free laura. cmud is not :P

Wastrel,

Since the infobar for MushClient is based on lua I took a moment to see if it would work under Mudlet. That failed miserably. I used their IRC help and was given a lot of tips and pointers about building a new one directly for Mudlet, however it looks like there's a lot of learning involved, though I have worked with other scripting languages it just seems there are specifics that I would need to learn. If you could do up an infobar for Mudlet or give me some quick tips or pointers on how to do that it would be most appreciated. I hate having a two line prompt its very distracting. You can send me information on PM if you are able to.

Thank You
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Quote from: Delirium on August 21, 2013, 01:28:49 PM
If you use mac, I got an infobar working on Savitar with some help from Seeker. Not sure if it has an auto-spellcheck, you'd have to investigate.

I still use Savitar.  For Mac, Atlantis also has its fans;  it spell-checks.  I just never invested the time to transfer over all of my triggers.

Seeker
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

I use Atlantis for MAC, and I think it's a great client.  But my main computer is a PC.

Mudlet supports windows, mac, unbuntu and linux. :)

I like mudlet

Give us a great gui man and I'm in. Mushclient is fine but I welcome a mapper and autospell feature.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

August 21, 2013, 07:38:47 PM #18 Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 08:00:19 PM by Symphony
Quote from: Wastrel on August 21, 2013, 01:51:15 PM
There are too many armers using obscure 90's mudclients.

#makethechange

Does GMUD count? I have never heard someone admit to using it before. I've used this simple sausage wallet for as long as I can remember. In the cases of most software I'm wholeheartedly for upgrading and adding robust functionality, but ironically with MUD clients I prefer the absolute simplicity and am perturbed by embedded spellcheckers, elaborate triggers and information bars. I have to admit though, I seriously considered changing after seeing Agent_137's setup. Good luck in your search OP!

- Symph

Quote from: musashi on May 27, 2011, 06:24:12 AM
No no you see, by date Ghost means "chased his wife around the house with his penis till she cried".

I used Gmud for a long time before switching to Mushclient.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Wait. You guys are not using telnet?  ???

I must be impressionable because I'm downloading mudlet :(
Someone says, out of character:
     "Sorry, was a wolf outside, had to warn someone."

Quote from: Wastrel on July 05, 2013, 04:51:17 AMBUT NEERRRR IM A STEALTHY ASSASSIN HEMOTING. BUTBUTBUTBUTBUT. Shut. Up.

I'm still using Gmud, despite my logs having inexplicable repetitions in them.
I've got Mushclient and Mudlet installed, but I feel extremely uncomfortable with the slightly different screen.  I think I have the right silver tone on Mush now, but it still doesn't feel the same. The font looks wrong.
Gmud has been perfect for me, apart from that very great annoyance.

Oh heres something thats annoying with Mudlet you should fix right away...Go into settings/display border/ and set the left border width to 10. Also, I've experimented a great deal with fonts and muds, you only want monospaced fonts (all the letters are exactly the same width). I like Droid Sans Mono and Bitstream Vera Sans Mono :S

Ok, so I checked out mudlet and I think it's a great client.  It's really fast and responsive and has a lot of nice options, including the auto-spell check as you type.

Unfortunately the logging options are not robust enough for my needs so I have to pass it by.  Seems awesome in every other way besides lack of custom logging and lack of infobar, so that's a bummer.