Entering in the same position you quit out.

Started by slvrmoontiger, July 29, 2013, 01:05:53 AM

Okay, I well probably in the last month or so finally realized that you can quit while sitting or resting, just not sleeping. This I know wasn't always the case. I've also noticed that when you quit in a resting state (example: resting on a bed) you still enter the world standing. This forces you to quickly get back into that position or make up something like you hear a sound it and makes you jump out of bed. Is there anyway to code it that if you quit out resting on a bed you are still resting on that bed when you re-enter the world?
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Yo I don't know much about C but I'm pretty sure your PC is unloaded and reloaded every time you quit and re-enter the game and the default PC position is "standing". So they'd need to change the code to also save everyone's current position when they quit out is well in order for this to take effect and, really, is it worth it to just not have to emote "em rouses, rising from his/her bed" or just typing "rest" when you log in?

Also whatever you are sitting in might get occupied by someone else.

Be quite odd to quit out sitting in your favourite dining chair, only to log in sitting on a burglar who was taking a rest between stealing your everything.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

"Mrphmmmrrrr mrrrphmrrrr!"

"What? Oh, you shouldn't have laid on the couch after breaking in, now you have to smell this."

ooc Consent for all that cool stuff?

emote rips a loud, hideously wet, soiling fart.

"Rrrrrrrrggghhh! GGGGHHHH!!! FFFRRRRRGGGHGHHGHGHG!!!"
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

consider your pc may have been logged out for many days, not just hours. During this time they are going on with their virtual life. Your pc was likely doing something while you were log out and you log back in they are standing going about the whatever.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

I am a dork. Reading the title of this thread made me lol.
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

Quote from: Scarecrow on July 29, 2013, 05:02:03 AM
I am a dork. Reading the title of this thread made me lol.

You are not alone :(
Someone says, out of character:
     "Sorry, was a wolf outside, had to warn someone."

Quote from: Wastrel on July 05, 2013, 04:51:17 AMBUT NEERRRR IM A STEALTHY ASSASSIN HEMOTING. BUTBUTBUTBUTBUT. Shut. Up.

In addition - when the game crashes or is reset, your character is force-logged out. If you became logged out in a pretty dangerous place and were resting to recover from being mauled half to death, I'm pretty sure you don't want to be resting when you log back in. Y'know, in case the bahamet spawned right next door to where you were resting when you logged out.

Your position upon entering the game, is an OOC thing. You might have been wandering in from somewhere else entirely, or you might've been rolling out from under a bedsheet. It's left up to you to decide your character's sudden appearance. In the case of a crash, you could even RP that he never left, but stood up just moments ago.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.