Giving with Say/Tell

Started by Suhuy, July 19, 2013, 04:31:53 AM

Do you suppose there would be any merit in the following?

tell girl [give vuitton !girl] This is for Chosen Lady Tenneshi. See that she gets it.
>Giving her your dusty Louis Vuitton purse, you say to the svelte, dark-braided girl, in Sirihish:
          "This is for Chosen Lady Tenneshi. See that she gets it."

I like when I can emote and input an action at the same time, such as emoting while standing, or emoting while raising my hood, etc. This would be another form of it, giving items while speaking. It just kills two birds with one stone, really, and maybe helps to cut down on spam.

I would like to see this be possible IG too...but I can't wrap my head around how it would work codedly...and get the feeling thats it's one of those...'not worth the payoff' type code jobs...you can work around it by just changing up how you emote the scene a little. Add in a different emote with the 'say' and a command emote with the give and it's still all good.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

I dig this if you can use some other command for that rather than what we have now.  Could these ,{}, work for this?
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Is it really so hard, for two commands? They're not laggy commands, its just basically the same amount of typing.

I mean. Honestly. Is this something we'd want the coders spending time on?
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

I always enjoy it when we can find new and better ways to make the game read more like a novel, and I like the idea - but that said, the syntax for this would probably be tricky.

I would like it if I could put my emotes in at the end of my say or tell.  It would be more fluid for me.

Say I'm not feeling so good (blowing their nose into a handkerchief).   

I don't need that, but its the way my brain works.  I say what I'm gonna say and then end up going back to put in my emote.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

This would be a fantastic addition to the game.
Quote from: staff
A staff member sends:
     "Likely a flub in the machine. It does not understand birthdays! (But it understands death like no one's business.)"