Drink all the spam!

Started by Taven, July 11, 2013, 02:03:52 AM

Quote from: FantasyWriter on July 18, 2013, 11:15:29 PM
>consume stew
You eat all of the stew.

Or eat whole x. Either would work. Hate causing eating spam at the wrong moments.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

>consume stew
You eat all of the stew.

Like this one... and if you'd be full before eating all of it you'd still have left overs:

>consume stew
You eat the stew until you couldn't possibly eat any more leaving a small portion.
Choppin muthafuckaz up with mandibles since 1995.

Quote from: Maso on July 19, 2013, 08:22:13 AM
>consume stew
You eat all of the stew.

Or eat whole x. Either would work. Hate causing eating spam at the wrong moments.

Maybe both can be for this command.  And that echo is perfect, ICHM.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

seems like a fun little idea but.. no..

Yet another tiny miniscule "extra bit of work" for the imms to code, which we could very well do ourselves.. as we ROLEPLAY..
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

August 01, 2013, 10:22:02 AM #29 Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 10:25:02 AM by LauraMars
Quote from: perfecto on August 01, 2013, 04:30:53 AM
seems like a fun little idea but.. no..

Yet another tiny miniscule "extra bit of work" for the imms to code, which we could very well do ourselves.. as we ROLEPLAY..

We can't really roleplay out eating everything on your plate quickly without a lot of spam, which is what this idea is trying to address.  Personally, I like it - the "HRPT Spam Eatathon" or even just a regular RPT or Byn unit stew dinner spamfest of eat would be a lot less annoying and immersion breaking if such a thing existed, and would leave more room for actual story content to be seen instead of the scrolling screen of eat and drink spam.  As for the original suggestion, I'd say it's a good idea too, and also streamlines what usually ends up being a lot of spam.

I realize you have good intentions here, so please don't take this the wrong way, but can I request that we keep the discussion to the code idea?  You could probably say that "roleplay is the solution and don't waste staff's time" about nearly every code idea suggested on the gdb (and someone usually does).  However, we are actually not creating any extra code work for staff by simply talking about someone's suggestion, and code suggestions and discussion are why the Code Discussion forum exists.

Back on topic, my one tiny concern with the "devour" idea is people using it when it's not appropriate, but honestly the benefits of having it from a roleplay perspective far outweigh any weirdness of an inappropriate devour here or there, in my opinion.  The mass-quantity buy command I have no criticism for.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."