Spear-throwers.

Started by Uglyhead, August 28, 2003, 12:46:16 PM

I've noticed that spears can be thrown, making them ranged weapons. Is it possible to code some kinda spear-thrower item(you know, those weird little boards/sticks that some people use to pump up their spear-throwing range) to launch 'em farther?

... just make sure the gith don't get their hands on any, They'd conquer the known world.

Perhaps it could be something you Hold, like how holding certain grapple-ropes helps you climb.
he stories are woven
and fortunes are told
The truth is measured by the weight of your gold
The magic lies scattered
on rugs on the ground
Faith is conjured in the night market's sound

Yeah, I thought about trying to figure out a way that an Atlatl could be coded, and put into the game (maybe making it so spears could be thrown two rooms?). It would make sense, since the Atlatl was a very primitive invention, and was used for thousands of years by various tribal folks all across the world. I imagine it would work similar to the way crossbows and slingshots work in-game now.

Unfortunately, I'm not certain that there is a way to make it so spears could be universally thrown by hand, and by the atlatl itself - while at the same time keeping people from being able to load a spear into a slingshot or crossbow.

However, its still a really cool idea. I definately think it would be wonderful for Tribal-type PC's to use, since the atlatl is a thematic type weapon for those character concepts. Crossbows would probably be more for 'City Folk', and Bows would be pretty universal. Maybe you can write up an atlatl object, and maybe a javalin or two for it, and submit it to the account? Perhaps even make it a spearmaking crafting submission.

-Tlaloc
Tlaloc
Legend

How do you write objects up and submit them to the account? I've heard about this being done, but I've never actually tried it. Do you just send an email to one of the staff members about it, including a possible description and function of such an item? Or do you need to know how to make codes?

Why not use whatever code barriers exist that keep you from loading arrows into slings and pebbles into bows to keep javelins out of bows 'n stuff?

It says everything you need to know about formatting submissions here: http://www.zalanthas.org/ArmDocs/Community/format.html

I doubt that you need to know how to code your items, but if you do and you send some lines of code with the item, I'm sure it would be appreciated (it can't hurt, at least, eh?) and might even make it more likely that your item will be implemented.