Fake cures

Started by theebie, May 30, 2013, 03:48:22 AM

"the thin, point-eared elf rolls a piece of red dung into a small crumbling tablet."

How about allowing people to create fake antidotes ?
That might make things interesting for all those brewers and physicians and elves selling fake cures.

I really dig this idea. Plus then we could poison people more with the antidote. Anything which opens the door for less obvious poison is fine by me. Plus imagine your unit being out when whack, terradin! Get out the cures troops! Hilarity ensues.

Hate to say it..... Hate to...

Find out IC.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

I played a tribal medicine man once who sold fake cures for fake diseases made from fake animals.

He was rolling in coins, for the three whole days it took me to fuck up and get instagibbed by a bahamet.

Point being, if you actually play a character that does this, you might find it pretty entertaining for yourself and others.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

1) The poison code is already kind of stupid and annoying, and anything that would make it more annoying probably isn't the greatest idea, generally speaking.

2) If you could make fake cures, the only thing it would do is completely and utterly destroy the demand side of the market equation for independent subclass physicians.  Nobody (with an iota of common sense, that is) would ever buy cures from an unaffiliated subclass physician ever again, because the risk would be too great.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Synthesis on September 05, 2013, 04:46:24 PM
1) The poison code is already kind of stupid and annoying, and anything that would make it more annoying probably isn't the greatest idea, generally speaking.

2) If you could make fake cures, the only thing it would do is completely and utterly destroy the demand side of the market equation for independent subclass physicians.  Nobody (with an iota of common sense, that is) would ever buy cures from an unaffiliated subclass physician ever again, because the risk would be too great.

That being said, it is incredibly irritating that everyone and their mom has cures for poisons.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Everyone and their mom has everything they might ever need, really. This does not extend to cures alone.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

While a neat idea in theory, I'm going to agree with Synthesis.  The poison code is already a bit unwieldy, and I wouldn't want this without a major overhaul to the poison code.

Quote from: Armaddict on September 05, 2013, 07:23:25 PM
That being said, it is incredibly irritating that everyone and their mom has cures for poisons.

This isn't true. And I would encourage you to be the change.

Quote from: DustMight on October 29, 2013, 07:25:00 PM

I don't even bother. It's so rare I get a good death by poison that... It's actually never happened unless I accidentally did it to myself as a nub.

Because being the only guy walking around without cures is totally a good idea that will convince others to do the same.

::)

Quote from: Qzzrbl on October 29, 2013, 07:45:05 PM

Because being the only guy walking around without cures is totally a good idea that will convince others to do the same.

::)

You got the joke.  :)