On Beauty

Started by Mirage, May 17, 2013, 06:21:33 AM

Oh, come on! Those long legs are perfect for a killer roundhouse kick.  ;D
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

May 22, 2013, 04:32:18 PM #51 Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 04:36:28 PM by Desertman
Quote from: Vwest on May 18, 2013, 06:36:30 PM
manly ponytails

You can be manly despite a ponytail. It isn't easy. But it can be done.

However, a ponytail is never a manly attribute.

Edited to add something semi-useful to the conversation:

I will play over the top extremely attractive anime-style rippling muscled god-crotch characters, but only when I plan to play them rediculously over the top on purpose.

I don't play them like they are normal people. Sometimes, those types of "over-the-top" heroes/villains turn out to be some of your best characters because you play them to such an extreme.

I do not care for the people who write super models and then try to play like they are the "every man/woman" though. That is silly.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

I wrote a pretty man, once, and I portrayed him as that Greek athlete sort.  I also wrote up a guy who I pictured as a young Jack Palance in Shane.  Both got called handsome, to my surprise.  Beauty is very subjective.

Quote from: DustMight on May 20, 2013, 09:21:07 PM
I like the variety of traditionally good-looking characters and ragged looking characters.
I do think the whole Chuck Norris looking elf thing has to go, though.

Yes, I know who Chuck Norris is. But what is a Chuck Norris looking elf? Knows martial arts and wears a cowboy hat?  ???
Quote from: jhunterI'm gonna show up at your home and violate you with a weedeater.  :twisted:

A surmac. Actually.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: Desertman on May 22, 2013, 04:32:18 PM
I do not care for the people who write super models and then try to play like they are the "every man/woman" though. That is silly.

Why is that?

It's easy to be a shallow every wo/man when you're particularly attractive.

My third or fourth pc I wrote up a pc, meant to be a soldier, who was inordinately pretty and hated it. I still think it's a great concept, but I got bored 5 minutes in and wanted to do something else. Maybe someday I'll reprise.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: Barzalene on May 24, 2013, 01:51:46 PM
My third or fourth pc I wrote up a pc, meant to be a soldier, who was inordinately pretty and hated it. I still think it's a great concept, but I got bored 5 minutes in and wanted to do something else. Maybe someday I'll reprise.

I did that, but with the Byn. it was a lot of fun. he also didn't stay pretty for to long.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

On Chuck Norris elves, what if your elf really is the Chuck Norris of elves? Maybe you don't describe him as Chuck himself, but you do add a little bit of muscle, right?
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

Quote from: Fujikoma on May 25, 2013, 06:16:04 PM
On Chuck Norris elves, what if your elf really is the Chuck Norris of elves? Maybe you don't describe him as Chuck himself, but you do add a little bit of muscle, right?

Muscular elves that are shorter and bulkier are definitely possible, but the taller the specimin' the harder it would be to see. I try not to make characters like that though because then I'll roll 'above average' strength after prioritizing it and look like an idiot.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on May 25, 2013, 06:49:04 PM
Quote from: Fujikoma on May 25, 2013, 06:16:04 PM

Muscular elves that are shorter and bulkier are definitely possible, but the taller the specimin' the harder it would be to see. I try not to make characters like that though because then I'll roll 'above average' strength after prioritizing it and look like an idiot.

I always assume that when someone is described as 'tall' or 'muscular' it's a comparison to others of their race. I've never had a problem with dwarves being described as tall, or elves being described as muscular because of this. I mean I figured it went without saying?