Bug with sheathing swords on knife-belts.

Started by gestan, August 26, 2003, 04:47:33 PM

I already reported this using the 'bug' command in game, but wanted to draw a little more attention to it, and get some responses from others.

The problem is, when trying to 'load' a sword onto a knife-belt, the code apparently assumes you wish to place the sword into the knife slots instead of hanging it off the belt. However, if you first wield the sword, then sheath it in the knife-belt everything goes smooth. The same applies for unloading the sword, the game assumes you wish to unload something from the knife slot, and doesnt allow you to unload the sword. Although you can still 'draw' the sword, and then 'remove' it to your inventory.

Just wondering if anyone else had noticed this, or if a staff memeber could give me confirmation that its being fixed. Thanks.

That sounds right to me...otherwise the mud would have to ask you which way you wanted it done whenever you wanted to put something in/on the belt.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Nothing to fix, sheath and load are two different things.
Something to be sheathed must be wielded or held as far as I know and something to be loaded must be in inventory.

Most likely it works that way to call the scripts, it would also explain why a loaded item must be drawn using draw weapon item command while a item sheathed on the belt can be called with a simple draw item.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Just use "sheath sword" instead of "sheath sword belt".  The first will hang your weapons from your belt, the second will put them inside it.

And if you're trying to do it directly from inventory, use 'wear sword on belt'
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger