Suggestion/Idea for Brixius

Started by Bestatte, August 26, 2003, 11:03:39 AM

Hey I was thinking...and yeah grab your shields, it could get dangerous.

In some forums I've visited, you can set preferences to ignore certain categories, and unignore them when you change your mind.

Is there a way to do this here? It seems there are many people who would rather not have to even see the OOC category, let alone be bombarded with thread after thread of OOC posts popping up in their "last visited" list. And yet, there are also many people who like that category and don't wish for it to fade away.

I'd love to see a way to set your personal viewing preferences to ignore the entire OOC category, so when you click "last visited" then everything that's new -except- for the OOC stuff will pop up on the list, thus eliminating all the complaints and still providing those who enjoy the OOC to have it.

I agree with Bestatte. It would make things a lot more convenient for us. But if it is too much work and coding we can do without it.
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Emailing your ideas to Brixius and the mud would be be better served.  Several staffers don't read the boards regularly.
Ash

Quote from: "ashyom"Emailing your ideas to Brixius and the mud would be be better served.  Several staffers don't read the boards regularly.
Ash
One would, however, think that Brix does, considering the GDB2 is his baby.

PS- Bestatte, when the original thread on ignoring users came around, the staffers systematically vetoed.
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

Email is probably the best way to give me ideas for the board unless you are posting them up for discussion. While I do read the board regularly, most of it is done from work and I mostly just skim.

So the best bet remains to email me and to copy MUD on it.

Thanks,
Brix.

Err..does that mean you still want me to e-mail you, even though you've read this thread?

>Bestatte scratches her head.

I would imagine that yes, it means to email him anyway.

-Tlaloc
Tlaloc
Legend