Are Stats relative in Arm?

Started by hammie2, August 26, 2003, 10:04:06 AM

I was just thinking about a few things and after playing multiple races in the game I noticed that even though one character had strength that was very good (elf) he could not pull a bow that another character with above average str (human) could.

This brings me to my general thought that the stats you receive are relative to your race.  I might have read this elsewhere, but please let me know if this is correct.

Yes, they're relative.  Just like "tall" means different things to halflings and half-giants, so does "strong" etc.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

Without going too OOC, to answer your question, basically:

A desert elf warrior with very good strength versus a half-giant warrior with very good strength would have different strengths numerically. Race is relative to how all statistics work, so it's possible to have a race that innately has terrible strength, or innately has very good strength, but some other weakness somewhere else. A "very good" strength roll would be very good for that race, but you still might be weaker than another race that has poor strength and just better innate.

Yes.  As stated, your attribute descriptions for strength, agility, wisdom, and endurance are all relative to your character's race.

-Savak
i]May the fleas of a thousand kanks nestle in your armpit.  -DustMight[/i]