PC Stalls

Started by Fredd, April 04, 2013, 02:56:58 PM

Quote from: Nyr on August 06, 2010, 10:36:21 AM
The good news is that we're not ridding the game of anachronistic words (which would be a poor use of staff time), just enforcing a policy made years ago on one word's usage on items in-game that was not definitive in enforcement.  It's not a big deal and was a simple fix that took minutes to do.  I appreciate your concern (sarcastic, satirical, or otherwise), but I think it is ill-founded; no player or staffer is going on the war path here.  One thing was fixed.  Nothing else was touched.

Since the OP concern has been addressed and replacement recipes are going in, I'm going to clog this thread with cholesterol.

This concern has nothing to do with PC stalls.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Oh but who doesn't now want to now open a stall, throw up a pair of golden  arches and sell 1 million kibbeh on Bread with cheese and a special sauce?
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: Patuk on April 09, 2013, 11:53:57 AM
Quote from: Fredd on April 09, 2013, 11:51:05 AM
Quote from: hyzhenhok on April 09, 2013, 10:53:54 AM
I think staff have noted that sandwiches are an example of something that were once in a game, but were judged an anachronism and subsequently purged.

yeah but if you search, you'll find the announcement about them wanting recipe's for sandwitches. Though they may be called something different. I know the one I submitted was.

I think nyr actually did that call for submissions.

.. Uh. I don't know why you think staff is lacking in these things, but anyone who can write two sentences can figure out how to write a sandwich description and what items needed for it. It hardly seems like the kind of work you'd need for player submissions.

Here you go.

Quote from: Nyr on July 27, 2010, 08:23:22 AM
...or (in this case) your appropriate Zalanthan equivalent.

Looking for a few items that are more Zalanthan than the word sandwich.  You can even use the same items from a recipe for a sandwich so that the existing recipes get used for something good and wholesome (they may be altered just a bit, though).

What I need from you:

Pledge here to write up no more than two combination food items that would be appropriate for Zalanthas.  Post here first, then e-mail me.  I'm looking for about 6 people to assist for this, 2 items each.  If you want to tackle a sandwich item transition, please say so in your e-mail and I'll make sure yours uses an existing recipe's materials.

Format (once you get your orders):

Crafting recipe for the item (in the case of sandwiches transitions, I will give you the basics of what materials are used)
Keywords of the item.
Short desc of the item.
Long desc of the item.
Main desc of the item.
Weight of the item.
Success echo (to the crafter) for crafting the item successfully.
Success echo (to the room) for crafting the item successfully.
Failure echo (to the crafter) for failure to craft the item successfully.
Failure echo (to the room) for failure to craft the item successfully.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died