Started by Morgenes, April 01, 2013, 12:10:18 AM

Quote from: Morgenes on July 01, 2013, 01:48:22 PM
Quote from: FantasyWriter on June 30, 2013, 08:54:39 PM
Not sure if this is the right place, but:
From time to time, I have a habit of writing backgrounds too long to
fit into the text editor.  I always send the full background in through
the request tool, but I was wondering since we can update bios
through the website now, could it be made possible to add bios to
characters currently in the application queue?

I am not aware of any restriction that would keep you from doing this.  Have you tried?

When I tried, the character in queue did not show up in the drop down list of characters.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: Nyr on July 01, 2013, 01:52:47 PM
(For the record, there's not usually a need to send in your extended background since you can add the extended background in the biography tool.)

Oh, I seem to remember being asked to email a full background that wouldn't fit in to the MUD account back before the request tool was in use, and I have just been carrying that over.  I could be mistaken or it could have been a special case. My bad. :D
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

That was probably prior to the implementation of the biography command.  I've seen people do this from time to time.  Unless there's something you feel staff really needs to approve in advance, you can just add it as a bio entry.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on July 01, 2013, 01:57:23 PM

I am not aware of any restriction that would keep you from doing this.  Have you tried?

When I tried, the character in queue did not show up in the drop down list of characters.

Drop down list?  When I go to: http://www.armageddon.org/bios/list.php  I get a list of my characters.  You should be able to click the 'View' icon next to your new character.  Then Add an entry.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Quote from: Morgenes on July 01, 2013, 03:09:15 PM
Quote from: FantasyWriter on July 01, 2013, 01:57:23 PM

I am not aware of any restriction that would keep you from doing this.  Have you tried?

Drop down list?  When I go to: http://www.armageddon.org/bios/list.php  I get a list of my characters.  You should be able to click the 'View' icon next to your new character.  Then Add an entry.

I believe the issue here is that he can't add to it because the character has not been approved yet, and thus would not show up in the list of characters since it's still queued up? I could be mistaken.

Edit to clarify, queued up in this case refers to not having the character submitted be approved or denied yet.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Quote from: Morgenes on July 01, 2013, 03:09:15 PM
Drop down list?  When I go to: http://www.armageddon.org/bios/list.php  I get a list of my characters.  You should be able to click the 'View' icon next to your new character.  Then Add an entry.

Facepalm self. Yup, apparently I have lost my mind.  There is no drop list for me either. Just the list, but as Amanda said, the PC doesn't show up there unless it has already been approved.  Since this sort of thing is not required as I thought it was, carry on good sir with your wonderful work. :D
Grebber - One who grebs.

I'm not sure if this includes the GDB as well. However, something seems troubling when you set a time period for being logged in. Say I set it for 60 minutes (one hour) On most websites that have a time to remain logged in it keeps you logged in for 60 minutes of inactivity and then logs you out. However, for instance I could be writing this and in a couple minute go to refresh only to find out that I've been logged out. Is there a way to change this?
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

There is a option where you stay logged in, it's a check box on the main log in page or the top of any page of the forums...for the forums.

But for the requests, can we have a save option if this wasn't requested before.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

I know about the stay logged in option. I don't want people to think I'm on the forums 24/7 so I'd rather not use that. I just think it should be an idle counter not a "you have to log in every 60 minutes regardless of posting or reading you might be doing" thing.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Oh, I see.
Fredd-

Quote from: slvrmoontiger on July 01, 2013, 06:05:30 PM
I know about the stay logged in option. I don't want people to think I'm on the forums 24/7 so I'd rather not use that. I just think it should be an idle counter not a "you have to log in every 60 minutes regardless of posting or reading you might be doing" thing.

It won't show you as being on the forums 24/7 if you do this. You only show up as being on the forums if you've done anything within the last 15 minutes, if that helps. I stay constantly logged in, even though I'm by no means constantly active. I just did it because it's my private computer and I can't be bothered with the fucks it takes to log in again every time.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

You can also go to Profile > Account Related Settings > uncheck the box next to "Show others your online status?"

This way, if you are worried about people seeing you online you won't have to.
Choppin muthafuckaz up with mandibles since 1995.

Quote from: i can haz mantis on July 01, 2013, 08:44:18 PM

You can also go to Profile > Account Related Settings > uncheck the box next to "Show others your online status?"

This way, if you are worried about people seeing you online you won't have to.

Oh excellent I didn't realize it only shows you online if you've been active for 15 minutes. Actually I like people knowing when I'm online so they know I'll respond to a question if need arises. I don't want people to think that I'm ignoring them though. That would just be plain rude.

I haven't worked out how exit  ''preview" before submitting the request. I assume its because I'm using a Netbook,as I have other minor scroll down problems which come right.
Its not big deal, because no matter  many times I proof read, it's only when it's too late that I see the mistakes.

Quote from: the gdbUsers active in past 15 minutes:
You can be logged in one second or 6 hours, it'll display you if you've been active in the last 15 mins.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Can there be a Tweet and a follow the Twitter account on the front page?
Fredd-

Now a very helpful looking helper button is floating across the screen on the homepage. Lol :)
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

A few things:

- Harmless, the floating button is an operator on the helper side inviting you to chat, I think.

- Someone made a suggestion about twitter - I think it would be interesting to have an official Armageddon Twitter account so the staff can tweet announcements about RPTs, game updates, code changes, etc.

- Some of the logs in Original Submissions don't seem to be working.

Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: LauraMars on August 04, 2013, 01:32:13 PM
- Someone made a suggestion about twitter - I think it would be interesting to have an official Armageddon Twitter account so the staff can tweet announcements about RPTs, game updates, code changes, etc.

We do have a twitter.  I think the way we access it has changed but it should be at www.twitter.com/armageddonmud
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

Oh you're right.

Wow I'm even following it.

haha I'm dumb
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: LauraMars on August 04, 2013, 02:20:10 PM
Oh you're right.

Wow I'm even following it.

haha I'm dumb

I could've sworn I put a tweet up on it more recently than that, even about the HRPT.  Let me test something...

Nope.  Hrm, our connector isn't working!

Thank for you adding the Twitter feed on the page and I also like how you combined it with the news section.  My only suggestion on this is to have the background another color so it can fit better.
Fredd-

August 15, 2013, 04:11:26 PM #422 Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 04:13:42 PM by manonfire
Can't seem to find clan-specific information (the IC information that required a username/password) on the new website.

Am I dumb and not seeing it, or did that section get nuked?

edit: Ah, I see there's a clan documentation request folded into the request tool. Guess that answers my question.

There's the big "Clans" menu drop-down on the main navigation bar.

Quote from: Marauder Moe on August 15, 2013, 04:13:20 PM
There's the big "Clans" menu drop-down on the main navigation bar.

Not what I'm talking about.