Voting for the Month of April! Voting reset at midnight Eastern!

Started by Nyr, March 31, 2013, 03:56:32 PM

As promised, once everything came out as a joke, I voted. But I did one better, I went and made a TMC account so I could kick ass for Arms on there, too.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Check this out:

3 away!
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

You have my sword.

By sword what I really mean is vote. It was a LOTR reference which I for one, thought was witty given the context. HUAEHUAEUAHEHUAEUH.

Voted, have you?

3 more to pass them!
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

#1 by 6, keep voting to hold it!
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

I'm kind of surprised.  I wonder where Achaea came from with actually voting this time around.

Anyway, #1!  Yeah!
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Holy shit.  #1.

This.  Is.  Beautiful.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

It makes my twisted little heart happy to see this MUD at the #1 spot.

Were were ahead of Aardwolf 20 votes a few hours, and now we're behind 20? :(

So, I finally decided to see what makes this Aardwolf such hot shit and, well... I wanted to fucking gouge my eyes out, by the time I finished.

No roleplay, that I could find. It's basically all just a big chat room, with MUD+RPG qualities, and many, many chat channels.

I thought ARM was hard when I first started - Fuck Aardwolf, in that regards. I sat through roughly two and a half - almost three hours, probably, worth of just talking to their tutorial NPC's and I still barely had any idea of what in the actual fuck I was doing.

Yeah... I've got some basic MUD experience under my belt but, shit, walking into that MUD was overwhelming. I don't have any idea how they have any semblance of player retention.

About the only thing I liked about it was the fact that their help files are capable of being a bit specific by going one step beyond our own help file system. Whereas, you can type 'help <subject>' here and there - Aardwolf goes a step further by including a 'search for content' in their help files by typing 'help search <keyword>' and it'll pull up a list of all help files connected to that keyword.

Example:
You find a grey, sap-filled leaf.

>Help Search Sap

Search results for 'sap' listed
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Bimbal - Plantlife

>Help Bimbal

Help Bimbal
This small plant has thick, bulbous leaves, a dark grayish-green in color, sprouting in irregular leaves. The leaves are thick and chunky, each one filled with precious moisture, the waxy surface preventing evaporation. Sap has healing properties, sometimes used in bandagemaking.

That'd be pretty fucking awesome, but other than that, I couldn't really find many redeemable qualities about Aardwolf.

Edited to add:
Not completely untrue - As far as unable to find other redeemable qualities. I also liked their idea of a marketplace/auction house. If we could Zalanthas that idea, it'd be a pretty wicked addition.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on April 02, 2013, 04:34:58 AMWhereas, you can type 'help <subject>' here and there - Aardwolf goes a step further by including a 'search for content' in their help files by typing 'help search <keyword>' and it'll pull up a list of all help files connected to that keyword.

Example:
You find a grey, sap-filled leaf.

>Help Search Sap

Search results for 'sap' listed
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Bimbal - Plantlife

>Help Bimbal

Help Bimbal
This small plant has thick, bulbous leaves, a dark grayish-green in color, sprouting in irregular leaves. The leaves are thick and chunky, each one filled with precious moisture, the waxy surface preventing evaporation. Sap has healing properties, sometimes used in bandagemaking.

That'd be pretty fucking awesome, but other than that

Check out the pretty fucking awesome goodness of our new website, then.  You can do exactly that!  :)
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

Some of you may look at the voting for TMS and think, "Wow.  Where did these other games come from?  That wasn't the same as last month!"  Well, we came out of nowhere (compared to everyone else) in the month of March, from a shaky #5 in February to a steady #2.  We did the math from February and determined that based on those voting numbers, "hell, we could do better than #1 just based on the people logged in!"  The first day (indeed, the first week) of voting is pivotal--you can create a lead that is difficult to overcome in later weeks.

Some of you may also look at our own voting for TMS for just over a day and think, "Wow...over two hundred votes?  This is madness!"

They realized they actually had competition.  I bet their forums are all "what we're getting beaten by an RPI!?!"  ;D
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Quote from: valeria on April 02, 2013, 07:56:05 AM
They realized they actually had competition.  I bet their forums are all "what we're getting beaten by an RPI!?!"  ;D

It's probably not reasonable to expect us to beat a game that has 300+ players online when we have 13 players online. As soon as their admins push a "ZOMG somehow we aren't #1, please vote" across a global OOC channel or whatever they have, it's game over.

Quote from: hyzhenhok on April 02, 2013, 08:27:36 AM
Quote from: valeria on April 02, 2013, 07:56:05 AM
They realized they actually had competition.  I bet their forums are all "what we're getting beaten by an RPI!?!"  ;D

It's probably not reasonable to expect us to beat a game that has 300+ players online when we have 13 players online. As soon as their admins push a "ZOMG somehow we aren't #1, please vote" across a global OOC channel or whatever they have, it's game over.

We're beating Achae. That's my counter to that good sir.

edit: And just to clarify. I never used to vote until recently when I saw just how important it was to the game (all the new people I keep seeing and helping have to be coming from somewhere!) So now I shall vote daily.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Also, if you look at MudStats, we are trending well so far in the last month or so.  Time will tell what this means overall, but I am very encouraged at the push for voting and getting new players in the door!

http://mudstats.com/World/ArmageddonMUD
Nothing to see here

Quote from: Jestor on April 02, 2013, 09:04:25 AM
Also, if you look at MudStats, we are trending well so far in the last month or so.  Time will tell what this means overall, but I am very encouraged at the push for voting and getting new players in the door!

Except I have been seeing mid and 60's all week for online.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Quote from: Fredd on April 02, 2013, 09:19:47 AM
Quote from: Jestor on April 02, 2013, 09:04:25 AM

Except I have been seeing mid and 60's all week for online.

It's an average, though I would be curious for staff to have a look at how and how often MudStats polls the status.  Maybe there is a way to get more data points to get better representation of our numbers.
Nothing to see here

Vote, they're gaining on us!
Quote from: SynthesisI always thought of jozhals as like...reptilian wallabies.

Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWitI pictured them as cute, glittery mini-velociraptors.
Kinda like a My Little Pony that could eat your face.

Aetolia (an Achae clone owned by the same company) Has an add on there saying our dwarves are elflike pansies.

It's on...

Quote from: Fredd on April 02, 2013, 10:03:54 PM
Aetolia (an Achae clone owned by the same company) Has an add on there saying our dwarves are elflike pansies.

It's on...

Wat
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Quote from: Feco on April 02, 2013, 10:36:59 PM
Quote from: Fredd on April 02, 2013, 10:03:54 PM

It's on...

Wat

I'll see if I can't get it to pop up and screenshot it.

Heh you can just about make out how odd my music choices are when playing arm. I can clearly see weezer and johny cash