Discussion of Changes to ArmageddonMUD

Started by Adhira, March 31, 2013, 01:34:50 PM

I admit it, I had a moment of "Omg!" but had a lot of fun acting indignant and all offended. Teeheee..
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

I Enjoyed posting the new arm theme.

I was going to add more to it but Adhira ruined that...
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Welcome to Armageddon PG

There are 0 visible Immortals currently in the world.

There are 0 players currently in the world.

Quote from: Kami on April 01, 2013, 05:25:04 PM
Welcome to Armageddon PG

There are 11 visible Immortals currently in the world.

There are 0 players currently in the world.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Heh-heh-heh.
Eurynomos
Senior Storyteller
ArmageddonMUD Staff

This thread made me horny.

(that isn't hard to do)
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

:|
Eurynomos
Senior Storyteller
ArmageddonMUD Staff

Does that mean I don't get to take his place on staff?   :-[

My position is unassailable.
Eurynomos
Senior Storyteller
ArmageddonMUD Staff

Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

oh fuck this shit. Like seriously, admins messing with us. I know it was April Fools (in New Zealand but ffs). It's pretty shitty we have to do every year when like half of it is true and we can never tell.

whatever, I'm burnt out and was just coming back, but I shouldn't have bothered. Not going to waste my time with this crap.

Quote from: Case on April 01, 2013, 06:16:46 PM
oh fuck this shit. Like seriously, admins messing with us. I know it was April Fools (in New Zealand but ffs). It's pretty shitty we have to do every year when like half of it is true and we can never tell.

whatever, I'm burnt out and was just coming back, but I shouldn't have bothered. Not going to waste my time with this crap.

Quitcher whining and take it out on some poor unsuspecting newbie by stealing his boots. Or mud-ginity now that we're not PG anymore. w00t!
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

I just want to say that language code is censorship, thanks

Quote from: Eurynomos on April 01, 2013, 06:05:00 PM
My position is unassailable.

ROFLMAO
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Hmm. Wrong thread, I think.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

You lie. ALL OF YOU SPEAK LIES. Not a word of anything in this thread is the truth. What is the purpose of living when nothing you know is real? When everything you see, touch and hear is fabricated by the impersonal laws of physics and, inherently, has no value, no meaning, just a hologram created by your brain to prevent you from going insane from the sheer emptiness of true existence.

Every second, you die, to be replaced by someone else, living in that body, thinking they are you.

Also I took your Cheetos, and you're not getting them back because I ate them. WHERE'S YOUR CHEETOS BREAK NOW

I tend to think the hubbub over staff plots is mostly a few bad apples in the mix of mostly genuine attempts at fun on the part of the staff.

However, I do think the staff could benefit from defining the given resources of a particular plot at the beginning, so they never start drawing stuff out their ass in a lack of inspiration.  Plenty players do that, and it usually turns out ugly.
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

If people whine about dying during staff run plots and blame it on the plot - then they should play a different game. >.<
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Quote from: Maso on April 02, 2013, 12:16:00 AM
If people whine about dying during staff run plots and blame it on the plot - then they should play a different game. >.<

Or stick to Tuluki RPTs.

Heh Heh Heh!
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Did anyone really organize or participate in a MUD vote boycott because of changes announced...on April Fool's Day?  Some of you guys handed out the laughs left and right, but the ones talking about boycotting were the best!
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

I totally logged into Furcadia for nothing, Is Friday does not delivery  ::)
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Quote from: Nyr on April 02, 2013, 07:37:23 AM
Did anyone really organize or participate in a MUD vote boycott because of changes announced...on April Fool's Day?  Some of you guys handed out the laughs left and right, but the ones talking about boycotting were the best!
I think it's "jokes" like this that will contribute to the mean spirited perpetuation of an elitist attitude this community has. The good thing is that I'll make lemonade out of these lemons and introduce these thoughtful, creative, and sensitive players to a non-hostile role playing environment where you know exactly what you're getting yourself into. Players will enjoy supportive and encouraging peers as they explore new exciting situations, positions, and safe words in Furcadia.

I say to you: GOOD DAY SIR.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

I was the only one masturbating in Luir's :/