Discussion of Changes to ArmageddonMUD

Started by Adhira, March 31, 2013, 01:34:50 PM

I'm not particular attached to extreme torture or mudsex, but "PG" is a bit much. Just call it PG-13 instead of PG so we can keep our Allanaki potty-mouths.

Quote from: maxid on March 31, 2013, 03:35:34 PM
I, for one, look forward to your ban Is Friday.

You can't just arbitrarily ban Is Friday.  There will be consequences.  A brotest, if you will.

Quote from: Zephy on March 31, 2013, 03:39:09 PM

Seriously?

Allanak Rocks!

I like to see more support for player plots with staff plotlines, myself!

Allanak is a digital Sodom, with Tuluk as its Gomorrah.  The misappropriation of the cross is one step too far, it is a sacred symbol, and I for one hope that the change to the symbol of Allanak is added to this very amazing and well thought out list of changes.  In fact, I'm going to go idea it in game right now.

Quote from: hyzhenhok on March 31, 2013, 03:40:01 PM
I'm not particular attached to extreme torture or mudsex, but "PG" is a bit much. Just call it PG-13 instead of PG so we can keep our Allanaki potty-mouths.

It will lead to more players if we ban it.  People like wholesome things.

Moar pls.
Choppin muthafuckaz up with mandibles since 1995.

Allanak's symbol should be a thick, golden rod to symbolize Tektolnes' .. tower.

Quote from: palomar on March 31, 2013, 03:43:09 PM
Allanak's symbol should be a thick, golden rod to symbolize Tektolnes' .. tower.

I would accept this.  Or a crescent moon.  Or possibly a Star inside a circle to differentiate it from Tuluk.

Yeah, I'll admit.  I fell for it, too.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on March 31, 2013, 03:31:53 PM
You know what. I voted for Armageddon on TMS and TMC because I wanted to bring new players to experience the best mud out there. But now that I see what effect new players have had, I see that this is no longer the MUD I voted three times a day for. Therefore, I am hereby ceasing to vote for Armageddon on TMS and TMC.

I do think the PG bit is a joke, but if it's not, a vote boycott is a good response. Better to keep the essence of Armageddon alive than to see it resemble all the other tripe out there. Fuck censorship.

Quote from: maxid on March 31, 2013, 03:43:52 PM
Quote from: palomar on March 31, 2013, 03:43:09 PM

I would accept this.  Or a crescent moon.  Or possibly a Star inside a circle to differentiate it from Tuluk.

Maybe a symbol of the Highlord's Tower probing at the impenetrable darkness of the Black moon.

Allanak is a digital Sodom, with Tuluk as its Gomorrah.  The misappropriation of the cross is one step too far, it is a sacred symbol, and I for one hope that the change to the symbol of Allanak is added to this very amazing and well thought out list of changes.  In fact, I'm going to go idea it in game right now.

Quote from: hyzhenhok on March 31, 2013, 03:40:01 PM

It will lead to more players if we ban it.  People like wholesome things.
[/quote]

Can we keep religion out of the discussion? I play this mud for the realism and harshness, if I wanted Disney, there are other muds out there that are better suited.

Quote from: Zephy on March 31, 2013, 03:46:28 PM
Can we keep religion out of the discussion? I play this mud for the realism and harshness, if I wanted Disney, there are other muds out there that are better suited.

If you do not like the direction that staff has decided to take things, please join in the discussion as to which aspects of the rulings you find unsavory and why.  I'd be glad to hear them.

Quote from: Kaineus on March 31, 2013, 03:45:14 PM
I do think the PG bit is a joke, but if it's not, a vote boycott is a good response. Better to keep the essence of Armageddon alive than to see it resemble all the other tripe out there. Fuck censorship.

Please control yourself, you are an adult ostensibly.  There is no cursing in Armageddon or on its GDB anymore.

Quote from: palomar on March 31, 2013, 03:45:42 PM
Maybe a symbol of the Highlord's Tower probing at the impenetrable darkness of the Black moon.

A powerful and evocative image that in no way calls to mind forbidden thoughts.  In the spirit of the transition, I, for one, will from now on refer to fellatio as giving and receiving "helmet."

Heh.
Quote from: VanthA well-placed grunt can be worth a thousand words.

Quote from: Kaineus on March 31, 2013, 03:45:14 PM
Quote from: BadSkeelz on March 31, 2013, 03:31:53 PM
You know what. I voted for Armageddon on TMS and TMC because I wanted to bring new players to experience the best mud out there. But now that I see what effect new players have had, I see that this is no longer the MUD I voted three times a day for. Therefore, I am hereby ceasing to vote for Armageddon on TMS and TMC.

This is just making me hope the whole thing is serious and for real. Censorship, really?

Quote from: hyzhenhok on March 31, 2013, 03:49:16 PM
This is just making me hope the whole thing is serious and for real. Censorship, really?

I'm glad someone else sees the light.

If I wanted to play a game where cursing is censored, I'd play Club Penguin.

If I wanted to play a game that boldly reflects the filth and suffering endemic to any civilization, I'd play Armageddon--oh wait--not anymore.

Quote from: maxid on March 31, 2013, 03:30:15 PM
Quote from: Kismetic on March 31, 2013, 03:29:45 PM
Wait, are you saying I can't use grown-up words and situations?

You cannot use -inappropriate- words and situations.  Adults do not speak like teenagers with potty mouths.

LIAR
Though there be no squids to slay,
My spear will taste blood today!

Unmanifested witches, secret breeds who can pass for human, and rangers planning to explore the wilderness and die on their first day, now enter the game with golden halos over their heads which shine brighter than the sun.

Kadius now trades solely in the flesh and blood of the left arms of these individuals, which are highly sought-after by Allanaki nobles and female rinthi elves between the ages of 12 and 21. God help you all lololololol trooooolllllllwugwugwug

Quote from: Kaineus on March 31, 2013, 03:52:54 PM

If I wanted to play a game that boldly reflects the filth and suffering endemic to any civilization, I'd play Armageddon--oh wait--not anymore.

Talk about massive overreaction. Even if we are taking the announcement seriously and at face value, nothing indicates there will be strict censorship of cursing. The only thing it says they want to stop completely is extreme torture and full frontal mudsex. That's hardly censorship.

Anyway clever ploy by Nyr to make sure the controversy kept rolling when too many figured out it was a joke too early. ;)

March 31, 2013, 03:55:37 PM #120 Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 03:57:55 PM by maxid

Thankfully.  I hope you will one day grow past the need for cursing, and will begin to speak and act as adults do.  Hopefully other games will follow suit and society as a whole will move on.

Quote from: hyzhenhok on March 31, 2013, 03:55:14 PM
Talk about massive overreaction. Even if we are taking the announcement seriously and at face value, nothing indicates there will be strict censorship of cursing. The only thing it says they want to stop completely is extreme torture and full frontal mudsex. That's hardly censorship.

I hope not just full frontal.  There are various other.. positions.. that should also be banned,

Talk about massive erection.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

This is almost as bad as when WotC (almost) bought ArmageddonMUD!  :o
Quote from: VanthA well-placed grunt can be worth a thousand words.

Quote from: Is Friday on March 31, 2013, 03:56:49 PM

Talk about massive erection.

Not any more. This is the changed ArmageddonMUD, you better edit your post before you get CENSORED!

Anyway clever ploy by Nyr to make sure the controversy kept rolling when too many figured out it was a joke too early. ;)

So we can still do it from behind?  ???