Positivity Thread

Started by Is Friday, January 09, 2013, 05:24:41 PM

I've had a good record of staff actively keeping people to the docs or holding them accountable for acting outside of them.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Yay for the world of Zalanthas, it keeps pulling me back in.

Yay for the player base, for consistantly excellent RP, and for always keeping me on my toes.

Yay for the staff, for keeping the game world alive and making it come alive in new and exciting ways.

:)
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

I like the twists and turns of this MUD. I like the combat system. I like how no one person or player has ever been able to totally dominate the game. I love when sometimes you have interactions with other PC's which just 'click' and suddenly you have killer RP you just can't get enough of. I like having enemies and friends in this game, who you can lose and defeat, or be defeated by. I like Permadeath because of the realism and I think this one thing alone radically makes Armageddon different and better than other MUDs out there. I love the growth from feeble noob to skilled expert in this game, and having people around who knew when you were weak and small-voiced, and now recognise you when you are strong and dependable, and say "wow, this guy is a badass now" but not in those particular words. I love the wildlife of this game for being brutally savage. It has taken me a few years to really get my footing on this MUD, but I think I have it much better now than I ever did before.
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

I didn't know this thread existed, but I've got two cents and more to contribute.

I love a vast portion of the documentation.  Most of the clans and tribes have a very realistic way of making the economy of the world work.  From lexicons, to rituals, to methods and manner of dress, some of the docs get very deep and really help people "get into" the rhythm of the clan or tribe.

Despite my numerous criticisms, I have a great amount of respect for what staffers do, and for how they do it.  It's not an easy job, and they do the best they can given current structure and rules.  I will say that I have not played recently, and from the great outpouring of love from players to staff that I've seen, I'm seriously wondering if Shit Has Changed since I last danced the sands.

The world is unbeatable.  I will be the first to put a blood-red rose on the grave of every great MUD I have helped Admin, build, or just played on.  Vast, many secrets, lots of nasty little shit that can kill you.

The playerbase is insurmountable.  Even those that claim to hate the game keep coming back.  Those that played, enjoyed it, and have gone on to a non-online gamer oriented lifestyle continue to come back to visit, to see how things are going, to discuss with the other bright minds that help comprise the playerbase.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Quote from: Malifaxis on January 26, 2013, 12:17:03 AM
I'm seriously wondering if Shit Has Changed since I last danced the sands.

There is only one way to find out, O Collector of Boots:

[R] Create a character.

;)
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

All I know is Shit Is Awesome right now.  :)
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Quote from: Is Friday on January 13, 2013, 02:19:40 PM
I've had a good record of staff actively keeping people to the docs or holding them accountable for acting outside of them.

I agree.  They have been doing a great job at that. At first I was a bit grumpy about it, but then I saw it really did make the game more fun.
At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."

Folks, it's been almost a month since anyone posted here. Must be more positivity out there than that.

I am excited about the extended subguilds and the new opportunities available.

I like the way staff and players contributed to making the new GDB layout more welcoming and helpful for new players.

February 27, 2013, 12:36:23 PM #33 Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 04:19:01 AM by James de Monet
I have only ever played a very few games that could make me laugh out loud or actually get a hit of adrenaline. Arm does both, with surprising frequency. Still.

Besides, you know there has to be something good about a game that turns half the pbase into Gollum clones.
Hunched over his keyboard, the emaciated, stringy-haired mutant says in creepy-accented sirihish, stroking his monitor with pale, bulbous fingers:
"It came to us from the interwebs. My own, my love. My Arm. -My- precioussssssss!"

Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

This game is just awesome. I like staff (even Nyr!). I like the playerbase. I like the awesomesauce. I like the feeling I have where I think we'll see new races and events. I like the fact that in this game you really can do anything. I like the fact that everything that goes around, comes around in arm.
Czar of City Elves.

I am happy with my new role. Its the first time I created a PC in a long time and I thought the new shops and stuff in the initial start rooms were great.