Dasari

Started by Nyr, November 26, 2012, 08:49:45 AM

Ever wanted to be this guy?

Okay, now, let's take a step back.  We're not saying Dasari creates drugs.  That'd be some sort of challenge against the monopoly that Kurac has on the whole drug trade, after all.  There's something to be said about the parallels between experimentation and chemistry, I suppose, but honestly, there's just not that many memes we can come up with regarding Dasari.  I thought about tossing up a picture from the show "Weeds" but I've never seen it and I don't think it has nearly the meme-tastic influence that Breaking Bad has.  We could play off of the appearance of the men and women of Dasari and pull up an image of Sir Mix-a-lot, but I'm not sure if that would generate much enthusiasm, either.  The Queen of Thorns was a possibility, but that season hasn't started yet, and it might fly over the heads of people not obsessed with Game of Thrones.

Whatever. 

Let's just roll with a description of the House, shall we?

In Brief
Dasari enjoy experimenting with everything: they use their peculiar affinity for herbs and herbal lore, poisons and poison lore, and an arcane understanding of medicine to create bizarre concoctions and do interesting things to living matter. Their tactics are, more often than not, effective for healing and developing medicinal solutions, and they teach a large number of healers and apothecaries within Gol Krathu. Their knowledge of such things is considered to be second to none, as they have gone (and continue to go) to extensive lengths to collect, catalog, and experiment with most of the regional flora; but many in the house could be considered to be "warped."

Dasari has established a niche for itself and as its services grow in need, so do its influences. Dasari maintains relationships with both Orders of the Templarate who request the assistance of the House in many of their endeavors beyond the Scaien Walls.

Appearance - The women are notorious for being ample in chest and hip, and the men tend toward a portly build as well, both by nature and their luxurious lifestyles. Hair colors tend toward red or the middle ranges of brown and blonde, with almost all family members having a tint of red in their hair whatever its shade. Nearly all Dasari nobles, regardless of gender, use herbal-based perfumes and cosmetics to enhance their appearance. In short, they are one of the most civilized houses in Gol Krathu by outward appearance.

The philosophy of the house is always to find out new things. New experiments. New plants. New concoctions. New effects. New studies.

Symbol

Dasari's colors are brown and red; their emblem a spray of white alnon blossoms.

More information and documentation can be provided after you are accepted.

Our expectations for this role:

We are looking for a self-starter.  We will offer feedback on your ideas, but if we were looking for someone to just play out our ideas, we'd just play them ourselves!
We want regular reports.  This means a weekly character report in the request tool.
We want regular playtimes from you.  If you end up taking a vacation or things change, please keep us in the loop with communication. 
We want you to be realistic about expectations.  The only things you're going to be changing overnight might be your character's wardrobe.  You want to change Tuluk or even your House?  So does everyone else, and most of them will disagree with youIt's going to take time to see things come about and you still might fail

Playing a noble is hard-mode Armageddon.  It will be difficult.  We will do our best to help.

What we would like to know from you:

Name of your proposed character
background of your proposed character
plans for your character, if accepted
Your familiarity with Tuluk using one of the following answers:

• A:  Very familiar.  If this PC had been around during the Occupation, Allanak would've been forced out ten years earlier.
  • B:  Somewhat familiar.  I've read most of the documentation for it, I've played there, but I wouldn't say I'm the most knowledgeable about the subject matter.
  • C:  Not that familiar.  I really could use some work on my knowledge of Tuluk.  Not happy with magick, right?  Right?  Anyone?  Beuller?
  • D:  in my shadow.  lol -- tektrollnes

Applications will close on Saturday, December 1, 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

Thanks to all of you that have applied.  This application call is now closed.  You should be getting a response shortly!