Derail: Never Met You, But You Are Sexy

Started by Morrolan, November 13, 2012, 03:09:19 PM

This originally posted idea would require:

new code
more oversight in the app process to have it make sense
new guidelines for players so that they submit it correctly

It's certainly not a big enough problem to require all of that.  The coded solution that Morgenes is reviewing should suffice if it is deemed feasible.  If it is not, we can look at other options, but this one seems like a bad way to create more of an app bottleneck.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Morrolan on November 27, 2012, 09:02:25 AM
Quote from: musashi on November 27, 2012, 06:42:47 AM
Archers would just have to go one room closer, spot the keyword they need, and then fall back and use that keyword; which is just an extra layer of ooc annoyance more than anything else in PC v PC conflict ... and a severe set back that may well get you killed in PC v Always Looking In Every Direction At All Times Ready To Attack Aggro Mobs conflict.

Wow, you mean that archers would need to either use their other skills as well, or employ someone who can, in order to OHK/terradin/headshot people they don't like?

I do not think that that would be so terrible.

No. I mean that an archer would just have to get one room closer to you, look again, get the keyword they want, then fall back and shoot you. You, the player, would very likely never notice since we don't spend all our time spam looking every direction over and over again. So the grief you experience by being neck-shot would still persist without hinderance.

Whereas on the flip side, whenever you play an archer, your chances of getting griefed by a tembo you thought was a goudra but needed to get close enough to make sure would sky rocket because aggro mobs do spend all their time spam looking every direction over and over again.

But this thread is/was about the Way, not how archery needs a nerf. Make another derail thread for that if you like.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.