Tuluk and Jade

Started by Gilgamesh, November 06, 2012, 08:45:36 PM

... white is ALWAYS fashionable in allanak, there's a reason Kadius is ALWAYS selling white in allanak. right? right?!
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

Quote from: evilcabbage on November 22, 2012, 05:32:13 AM
... white is ALWAYS fashionable in allanak, there's a reason Kadius is ALWAYS selling white in allanak. right? right?!

They're secretly trying to make us all Tuluki! Bastards!
Quote from: BhagharvaWhat you don't know can kill you. What you do know, can kill others.

To the north
[Near]
A lanky, brown-skinned gith is here, humping the rusty brown kank.
The rusty brown kank to the north bleats miserably.

Quote from: Malifaxis on November 22, 2012, 02:42:42 AM
Quote from: kayza on November 22, 2012, 12:16:29 AM
Quote from: Marauder Moe on November 21, 2012, 10:53:03 PM
People aren't dumb enough to attribute a whole color with an opposing social faction regardless of context.

A color and a symbol?  A combination of two colors?  Sure.  But no one is going to forsake an entire color just because it's part of an enemy's iconography.

Except pink

Untrue, people wear pink all the time.  It's not like the Soh have a monopoly on it, and no one's fucking scared of them anyway.  Hence, pink survives.

I wasnt talking about arm.  Doesnt mater if you agree with it.  Its that people do stop wearing a color because of what it means.
:-)

I find it strange that jade which is a unique way of saying green is used to describe a color used in tuluk.  But it is so i got over it.
:-)

Or red for commies, etc. People do stop wearing colors over political/cultural reasons.

Well, at least somebody else remembers the whole 'pure white' thing in he docs, even if it is outdated and a bit silly.

Good to know I am not craaaazy.  :)
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Quote from: Dar on November 22, 2012, 09:20:01 PM
Or red for commies, etc. People do stop wearing colors over political/cultural reasons.
Did people actually stop wearing red during the Red Scare?  I tried to google it but the video footage and most of the photography from then is black and white.

Quote from: Marauder Moe on November 22, 2012, 09:29:36 PM
Quote from: Dar on November 22, 2012, 09:20:01 PM
Did people actually stop wearing red during the Red Scare?  I tried to google it but the video footage and most of the photography from then is black and white.

I asked some family members alive during Joe's rampage in the early 50's.  No one recalls any taboos wearing red or pink.  In fact pink+grey checks were all the fashion in the mid 50's for men.

No red during mourning.  No red at funerals.  No variety of colors for certain religious groups (amish/wahabi?).

No one I asked in my huge poll (2 people) recalled any color taboos from politics in the past sixty years.  Social taboos (white shoes before memorial day, red during mourning etc), but no politically influenced ones.
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

During the first Red Scare (after World War One) some states banned the public flying of red flags.

Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.