Ask Calavera

Started by Calavera, October 30, 2012, 01:48:15 AM

I know it's not on topic here, but I asked you a question in a clan forum, yo.

Another good question:

Is there any chance that a modified version of your Kadian red-fang breeds thing could marry with the idea of the Adevari from Arm 2 and result in a badass tribe of scarred up unhuman unelves who are mixed part breed and into all of the scarification while being badass? Because that is the main thing I was looking forward to about Arm2. Scarification breed tribe. Could you get more awesome?

Another question:

Who was it who did the pic in your avatar again? You posted the link ages ago and she had awesome art. I want to look at it again but forgot who it is.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Scarification breed tribe?

BRING BACK ARM REBORN
Free your hate.

Whatever will you do tomorrow (later today) when NYSE and NASDAQ are still closed?
What kind of jerkoff shakes a tent in the dark? Go out there and see who or what that is.

:o Is Calavera a trader? - Calavera are you a trader?

She said she's not american, so I was just teasing...Down daytrader, down!
What kind of jerkoff shakes a tent in the dark? Go out there and see who or what that is.

Quote from: AmandaGreathouse on October 30, 2012, 03:10:13 AM
I know it's not on topic here, but I asked you a question in a clan forum, yo.

Gosh, I never read those!

Another good question:

QuoteIs there any chance that a modified version of your Kadian red-fang breeds thing could marry with the idea of the Adevari from Arm 2 and result in a badass tribe of scarred up unhuman unelves who are mixed part breed and into all of the scarification while being badass? Because that is the main thing I was looking forward to about Arm2. Scarification breed tribe. Could you get more awesome?

Be the change. Screw a bunch of elves. Have babies. Cut them up. Neglect them. But buy them nice outfits.

Another question:

Who was it who did the pic in your avatar again? You posted the link ages ago and she had awesome art. I want to look at it again but forgot who it is.

Sylvia Ji is her name. And she is amazing!
QuoteCalavera,

Your Shoot Me In The Head request has been resolved. We do not have sufficient ammunition to process your request at this time.

Italis
Armageddon Staff

Quote from: stark on October 30, 2012, 03:15:24 AM
Whatever will you do tomorrow (later today) when NYSE and NASDAQ are still closed?

I'll keep managing my assets in my horrible unamerican offshore accounts.

Quote from: Jeshin on October 30, 2012, 03:20:44 AM
:o Is Calavera a trader? - Calavera are you a trader?

Trading like... Pokemon? I got a charizard.

I work in the public sector.
QuoteCalavera,

Your Shoot Me In The Head request has been resolved. We do not have sufficient ammunition to process your request at this time.

Italis
Armageddon Staff

Do you worship Santa Muerte and why not?

Favourite way of killing PCs?
Favourite kind of bribe?
(Obviously this two questions are related.)

Quote from: spicemustflow on October 30, 2012, 04:43:34 AM
Do you worship Santa Muerte and why not?

I don't personally venerate Santa Muerte, but I grew up steeped in an interesting mix of cultures that included a lot of Mexican and Navajo folklore which stuck with me later in life. I spent a lot of time in places where it was not uncommon to see calacas as decoration, depictions of the Holy-Death with offerings such as candles, alcohol, etc.

I always found it an intriguing and baffling cultural nuance that most practitioners of Santa Muerte I'm personally aware of treat it more or less just like Catholicism.
QuoteCalavera,

Italis
Armageddon Staff

Quote from: Welda on October 30, 2012, 05:04:14 AM
Favourite way of killing PCs?

SHH, Welda. I've never killed any PCs, remember? Of course you remember... why would you bring that up in public...

... I'd have to say kryl.  ;D

QuoteFavourite kind of bribe?
(Obviously this two questions are related.)

That one guy who sends his kudos as little poems. He's got bribery down.
QuoteCalavera,

Italis
Armageddon Staff

1.  Of changes/ new things implemented /policy decisions made in the past year (in Armageddon that is, not globally or in whatever political entity you think of as home), which is your favourite and why?

2.   If you could change just one thing in the game, quite independent of whether you actually had the power to do it, what would it be?

3.   Who is your second most favourite player?
Quote from: J S BachIf it ain't baroque, don't fix it.

1. Have you ever watched my current PC?
2. Fast zombies or slow zombies?
3. Should dwarves be scottish?
4. Stupidest death you've ever seen?
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

Quote from: Medena on October 30, 2012, 05:16:06 AM
1.  Of changes/ new things implemented /policy decisions made in the past year (in Armageddon that is, not globally or in whatever political entity you think of as home), which is your favourite and why?

This is a tough one, because I feel like in the year I've been on staff we have moved tremendously forward in a lot of ways. I would be lying if I said it wasn't the announcement of the end of Armageddon Reborn as more than a codebase project, though. Even though I worked on it for quite a while and put a lot of time and effort into the new game, I always felt that the world we had and the stories and history we've built were too much to let go of.

I was excited for the new game, but very attached to the old one.

Opening up warehouses for the players was another one that I loved, and the recent implementation of Quit OOC is something I wanted since I very first started playing.

Extended subguilds are a big one, as well. I guess I just have to say I'm a big fan of all of it.

There's also little things that the Triumverate of Amazing (Tiernan, Morgenes, and Nessalin) have worked on staffside that make my job so much easier. We've got new tools, new database-sifting devices, new scripts, new staff commands... we are incredibly lucky to have such a talented coding crew who know our game inside and out.

2.   If you could change just one thing in the game, quite independent of whether you actually had the power to do it, what would it be?

In a perfect world, where OOC time constraints weren't such an issue and it wouldn't affect playability? I'd stretch the distances between settlements by dozens of rooms. I'd put badlands, rocky fields, ash-blasted wastelands, towering mesas, twisting canyons, scrubby thorn-forests, and all sorts of hazardous terrain in between everywhere civilised. There would be roads that would be the best way to travel, but even then, they'd be shitty, Zalanthas-quality roads. I'd love to play this game in a fashion where traeveling from Allanak to Tuluk meant having to stop and camp overnight at least once, sleeping in shifts because of the dangers that lie in wait just outside the campfire's reach...

... Not taking pipe dreams into account? I'd love to make literacy more acceptable to the masses and make unarmed combat a skill.

Quote3.   Who is your second most favourite player?

Aww, I can't play second-favourites. :( I love pretty much every single thing roughneck and BadSkeelz post. How's that?
QuoteCalavera,

Italis
Armageddon Staff

Quote from: Scarecrow on October 30, 2012, 05:23:52 AM
1. Have you ever watched my current PC?

Not all staff do this, but I am one of those who sometimes just sits back and monitors the entire world. I guess my job has made me that adept at reading scroll-spam.

However! I don't even know if you have a current PC, because GDB names and account names are different. But probably.

Quote2. Fast zombies or slow zombies?

Fast zombies.

Quote3. Should dwarves be scottish?

I've been campaigning for Zalanthan bagpipes for ages.

Quote4. Stupidest death you've ever seen?

Oh, there's a lot of ways to define stupid. The obvious ones that come to mind are when people just plain go to places they shouldn't go and do things that don't make sense. I don't want to single anyone out or make anyone feel bad, so I won't, but sometimes you 'at charactername look' and you just say to yourself, "How did he even GET here and why on EARTH does he think it's a good idea to stay...?"

There are some memorable newbies, as well.
QuoteCalavera,

Italis
Armageddon Staff

If you had the cash for it and a decent development team, what kind of game would you design / put on the market?

Where in the hell do I buy lantern oil!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

WHAT HAPPENED TO MY POWER LAST NIGHT WHY IS MY PHONE ONLY HALF CHARGED!?
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

Quote from: Calavera on October 30, 2012, 05:39:25 AM

Oh, there's a lot of ways to define stupid. The obvious ones that come to mind are when people just plain go to places they shouldn't go and do things that don't make sense. I don't want to single anyone out or make anyone feel bad, so I won't, but sometimes you 'at charactername look' and you just say to yourself, "How did he even GET here and why on EARTH does he think it's a good idea to stay...?"

There are some memorable newbies, as well.

Stop questioning why I am where I am ;(
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

Quote from: musashi on October 30, 2012, 08:33:13 AM

At reasonable places in Allanak*, Tuluk, Luir's*, and Red Storm*.

*added today
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Akaramu on October 30, 2012, 08:26:27 AM
If you had the cash for it and a decent development team, what kind of game would you design / put on the market?

This is an interesting question! But honestly, I probably wouldn't. I am not really a game design type. Arm is a labour of love but aside from it, I haven't ever really had the burning desire to design and develop anything gaming related. If I was just some rich kid with a lot of dreams and infinite talent to hire, I'd love to see a horror-type MMO where the players play as the zombies/demons/whatever and have to run around terrorising and eating piles of horrified humans in order to stay alive. But it would probably suck.

Quote from: evilcabbage on October 30, 2012, 09:01:06 AM
WHAT HAPPENED TO MY POWER LAST NIGHT WHY IS MY PHONE ONLY HALF CHARGED!?

Elves. The same ones that sneak into your house and make shoes also steal your electricity. True facts.

Looks like Nyr handled this one a lot better than I could have!

Quote from: Nyr on October 30, 2012, 09:22:09 AM

At reasonable places in Allanak*, Tuluk, Luir's*, and Red Storm*.

*added today

THIS IS NOT A QUESTION, WHY ARE YOU HIJACKING MY THREAD, THIS WAS MY MOMENT TO SHINE--

... oh, you.
QuoteCalavera,

Italis
Armageddon Staff

Do you get frustrated at players choices that you watch?

Have you ever been east of Berlin before?
Czar of City Elves.

QuoteI don't want to single anyone out or make anyone feel bad, so I won't, but sometimes you 'at charactername look' and you just say to yourself, "How did he even GET here and why on EARTH does he think it's a good idea to stay...?"

snicker, snicker.

Is there a specific part of being on staff, or thing that you get to do as a staff member that you enjoy doing the most?

Is there any surprising or interesting things that you learned when you came on staff?  Something not too secret that you can share on the GDB?

Does your staff avatar have a description, and if so can you post it here?

do you ever watch the game world and players in it and think. Mmmm, I'm such a stalker? Do you dream about stalking players, and debating how best to kidnap them?  ;)