Help me, science!

Started by path, October 28, 2012, 11:25:49 PM

Quote from: MeTekillot on October 29, 2012, 12:58:13 PM
Athas is in a crystal sphere. Zalanthas is not
Find out IC.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on October 29, 2012, 01:44:46 PM
You're assuming the sun is a red giant and not just the regular old sun behind a haze of red dust and sand.
It's my understanding there are stars in the night. So therefore there must be clear skies which means it isn't a haze of red dust and sand.

But I think I've read there aren't stars, so maybe I'm wrong.

Quote from: John on October 30, 2012, 04:50:33 AM
Quote from: MeTekillot on October 29, 2012, 12:58:13 PM
Athas is in a crystal sphere. Zalanthas is not
Find out IC.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on October 29, 2012, 01:44:46 PM
You're assuming the sun is a red giant and not just the regular old sun behind a haze of red dust and sand.
It's my understanding there are stars in the night. So therefore there must be clear skies which means it isn't a haze of red dust and sand.

But I think I've read there aren't stars, so maybe I'm wrong.

The consensus was that there are stars, but due to all the dust in the atmosphere they are not often visible and not visible everywhere. I would link it but my search-fu is shit and I'm too lazy. It was in 'ask the staff' somewhere, though.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

The stars and the sky and the moons all have their own helpfiles, too.

Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

I picture the sky blue and the sands red, in the sky are the sands which make it seem a red haze. In my vision.

And in my vision I see the sun as a brilliant burning yellow that mixed with the hazy red sand filled sky comes off as a glowing orange sphere in a red dulled haze, on good days.

As for sunrises and set i imagine intense hues of purples, reds, oranges and yellows, depending on the thickness of the sands in the sky that day.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Quote from: Potaje on October 31, 2012, 12:29:52 AM
I picture the sky blue and the sands red, in the sky are the sands which make it seem a red haze. In my vision.

And in my vision I see the sun as a brilliant burning yellow that mixed with the hazy red sand filled sky comes off as a glowing orange sphere in a red dulled haze, on good days.

As for sunrises and set i imagine intense hues of purples, reds, oranges and yellows, depending on the thickness of the sands in the sky that day.

This is how I also picture it.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

This other thread pertains to this subject.  For those that don't remember it...

Quote from: Revelations on June 10, 2005, 08:33:14 PM
So, reading somewhere that Zalanthas has a crimson sky, reflecting the color red, wouldn't that signify that that the main color we might see in the world are mixtures of red? I can't really image what the world appears living under a red sky. Any thoughts?

It's probably not all that different from living under a blue sky.  The sky doesn't turn everything on Earth blue.  The light from the sun is still, for the most part, just white.