Memorable One-Liners

Started by FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWit, August 19, 2003, 01:11:11 AM

Quote from: Only He Stands There on December 20, 2009, 03:52:25 PM
On the subject of fingers and dicks:

QuoteAt your table, the short, aquiline young woman says in tribal-accented sirihish, to the tow-headed, pallid young woman:
     "Y'can find out if folks got dick-shaped fingers by lookin' at their hands."

At your table, the short, aquiline young woman says in tribal-accented sirihish:
     "An' y'can find out if folks got finger-shaped dicks by askin' onnnnne simple quess'n."

At your table, the tow-headed, pallid young woman says in sirihish, leaning forward and lifting an eyebrow at the short, aquiline young woman:
     "...Annn'..Tha' question is?"

The short, aquiline young woman holds up a single finger, then turns toward you, looking you square in the eye.

The ebon-braided, flint-eyed man casually leans on an elbow, matching the short, aquiline young woman's gaze.

At your table, the short, aquiline young woman says in tribal-accented sirihish, to you, her tone grave:
     "Khortoc Salarr. Were you born in Tuluk?"

The vibrant, bead-tressed brunette bursts into a laugh, tilting her head back.

The tow-headed, pallid young woman's shoulders shake as she erupts into giggles, then leans back in her seat and shakes her head.

At your table, you say in sirihish, licking his teeth once, then replying with equal somberness:
     "Have I slit m'throat outta self-loathin' yet?"

The delicate, tribal-inked young woman smacks her forehead with her hand, chuckling quietly.

The pert, tanned woman flashes a grin, chuckling softly.

At your table, the short, aquiline young woman says in tribal-accented sirihish, turning back to the tow-headed, pallid young woman, dropping her head once:
     "As a doctor, I can fully state that his dick is normal."

At your table, the short, aquiline young woman says in tribal-accented sirihish:
     "... As normal as anathin' attached to Khortoc is."

At your table, you say in sirihish, holding up a finger:
     "Which means it's got about a fifty-fifty chance'a bein' drunk at any given time, like th'rest'a me."

At your table, you say in sirihish, lips quirking to the side:
     "... an' I'd say "or covered in blood," but that'd be in poor taste."

At your table, the short, aquiline young woman says in tribal-accented sirihish, bobbing her head a few times, musing idly:
     "Or covered in--"

Wow..I didn't remember this happening until I saw the short desc. of one of the people at the table and thought "Hey!  That's one of my old characters!"
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

So...it's not in game, but it's Arm related kinda, and amusingish..

Scene: Dallas APM, NYE.

Dan: "I'm not trying to hug you, I'm getting a beer.....awkward.."

Morrigan unwraps his arms from around Dan and looks away, blushing.

Quote from: morrigan on January 01, 2010, 08:52:32 PM

ROFL!!! <3
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Rairen always makes me want to play again!

Quote from: morrigan on January 01, 2010, 08:52:32 PM

HAHAHAHA!
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

This was years ago with my very first  PC. I didn't read a lot of the docks before diving in. I think I had been playing like an hour got recruited to the Atrium like right away. So this fellow is showing me where all the good shops are making a lesson of it. We walk into the grocers. Theirs a dead young breed woman laying on the floor in a pool of blood. I gasped dramatically, cover my mouth, or something to that effect. his response was something along the lines of

As he crosses the room stepping casually over the corpse, the random man says in sirihish: I know! Can you believe these prices! Its highway robbery!"

Ill never forget that because that was the moment that sold me on Arm
The sound of a thunderous explosion tears through the air and blasts waves of pressure ripple through the ground.

Looking northward, the rugged, stubble-bearded templar asks you, in sirihish:
     "Well... I think it worked...?"

OH shit, that's awesome, Bast. and deserving of so many kudos.

Quote from: Bast on January 13, 2010, 07:10:22 PM
This was years ago with my very first  PC. I didn't read a lot of the docks before diving in. I think I had been playing like an hour got recruited to the Atrium like right away. So this fellow is showing me where all the good shops are making a lesson of it. We walk into the grocers. Theirs a dead young breed woman laying on the floor in a pool of blood. I gasped dramatically, cover my mouth, or something to that effect. his response was something along the lines of

As he crosses the room stepping casually over the corpse, the random man says in sirihish: I know! Can you believe these prices! Its highway robbery!"

That is awesome, I want to know who this was...

i swear, in 9 out of 10 scenes, which involve a body that wasnt made by the people currently in the room, 'someone' of those present would always sigh dramatically and comment on how the spreading pool of blood screws up the decor, and it'd be a pain to clean up. I mean like 9 out of 10 times.

Quote from: Lurekus on January 20, 2010, 03:25:24 AM
i swear, in 9 out of 10 scenes, which involve a body that wasnt made by the people currently in the room, 'someone' of those present would always sigh dramatically and comment on how the spreading pool of blood screws up the decor, and it'd be a pain to clean up. I mean like 9 out of 10 times.
Are you daring to down play that this...

...was awesome?  If so you should be beaten.  It is awesome.

Sargeant so-and-so who-ever says, on the subject of kank-riding:
   "It's easy! You just gotta let it know who's bitch and who's boss!"

It's not really a terrific quote, but it made me laugh. I find myself using it a lot IRL (like at work "C'mon! Show that machine who's bitch and who's boss!")  and to this day when I have to teach n00bz how to ride, that quote is always lesson 1.
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

BUMP

Continue on folks.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

July 27, 2010, 05:09:10 PM #138 Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 09:28:41 PM by Mazy

1hp 20mv 0st>FUCKING WAKE UP ALREADY! -.-
What?

1hp 20mv 0st>Don't what me, Mud.
What?

2hp 26mv 0st>I said don't what me.
You'll have to wake up first.

I do stuff like this to entertain myself. I'm so strange.  :-\
Quote from: Return of the King (1980)
It's so easy not to try,
Let the world go drifting by--
If you never say, "Hello,"
You won't have to say, "Good Bye."

Quote from: Mazy on July 27, 2010, 05:09:10 PM

What?

What?

You're not alone.

Quote from: Qzzrbl on July 27, 2010, 10:16:58 PM
Quote from: Mazy on July 27, 2010, 05:09:10 PM

What?

What?

You're not alone.

We should start a club.

my favorite...
YOU CAN'T DO THAT HERE!

tell ginka Oh yes, the f*** I can!!!
You do not see that person here.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Sit at chest
You can't sit on a blue chest.

Sit on chest
You sit on a blue chest.

think Wtf?
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Quote from: Majikal on July 28, 2010, 07:27:17 PM
Sit at chest
You can't sit on a blue chest.

Sit on chest
You sit on a blue chest.

think Wtf?

Think (OOC) Dude, syntax issue. Roll with it you filthy mindbender.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Wow... One of the best i've read so far.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

I keep a notepad file of one-liners I come up with and have it open at all times during play as a reminder should I ever find myself in a situation where they're appropriate.

I'm not sure if that makes me awesome or a dork.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote from: HavokBlue on August 03, 2010, 01:25:12 AM
I keep a notepad file of one-liners I come up with and have it open at all times during play as a reminder should I ever find myself in a situation where they're appropriate.

I'm not sure if that makes me awesome or a dork.

Can't it be both?
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

The immense, rune-inked man makes quote mark symbols, which probably mean nothing
to the lofty, cunyati-tanned man, or ninty-percent of the room.

At a highly polished table, you overhear the lofty, cunyati-tanned man say in so
uthern-accented sirihish, quote-marking back at the immense, rune-inked man:
     "Uh? What is this? Tregil ears?"
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Haha. Why did you ever retire that guy? You dope. You ruined my life.

Quote from: jstorrie on August 05, 2010, 07:36:31 PM

I was going through a tough break-up. Still I consider it to be the worst idea I had in my Arm career.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Reiloth on August 05, 2010, 08:39:50 PM
Quote from: jstorrie on August 05, 2010, 07:36:31 PM

I was going through a tough break-up. Still I consider it to be the worst idea I had in my Arm career.

I remember that time he got kicked through a chair.