Houses aren't for commoners

Started by John, September 03, 2012, 07:14:58 AM

You heard her Adhira. Put her ass to work! >_>
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

I'm leaving that offer open to any other staff member who wants to take it up ;)  Sounds great, but wrestling with NPC Brain is not something I want to do be doing right now.   But, maybe someone will!
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

They wouldn't all have to be walking around on schedules. Some of them could be crammed full of old folk and kids who just sit around in their own dirt too.

Anyway, I would also be happy to write up NPC's if a staffer decided to undertake such a project. :)
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

NPC brain can't do it, sadly.  I just checked on that.  If it could, that'd be a potential project, perhaps!  However, we probably would want to focus our efforts in other areas rather than niche areas like this.  The cool factor would be high the first time it was noticed (assuming it could be coded), but it doesn't add very much to the game compared to the effort involved in coding, building, and setup of a such a script.  It'd just be for Allanak, just for "cool" factor, just for potential burglars that don't want to target PCs.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

You heartbreaker.

I was already imagining this scenario....

>peek child
>steal candy child
... Got it!

I totally rented one of the apartments/houses in Elementalists Quarter at one time.  Admittedly, that was over 10 years ago.  My understanding is that the place that looked more like an estate hasn't been used in over fifteen years, but was at one point used by PCs.

On a perhaps interesting side note, it was while we had an active PC Nenyuki that had effectively rented out all the Allanak PC housing that I noticed what I thought was a limitation in the way housing was set up.  That is to say, entrances off normal rooms.  This in effect meant that you have a limit on the amount of housing you can put in without it becoming insanely confusing.  Also, having read some of the room descriptions, I didn't think that is how folks would live.

So I, unsolicited, wrote up the mud brick tenement building and room layout that is outside Red's Retreat.  Originally, it had NPCs written for it that occupied about half the rooms.  The other empty ones were meant for whoever was playing in Nenyuk to rent out.  I think it was originally implemented that way, then converted when the apartment code went in.

I think I submitted that in 2002.  Before that, player rented housing (ie not clan) was single room link from a street to a single dwelling, which I think is what people mean by "houses", with the except of desert elf housing.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

95% of those rentable houses got shifted in to apartments.  What's left on the street are essentially shells. Or nothing.  The insides got moved in to the one building.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

Easy fix -

Make a Burglar

Pick door unlock

enter

pick door lock

- You now have a free house to live in!

Quote from: Shepard on September 12, 2012, 10:55:58 AM
Pick door unlock

enter

pick door lock

- You now have a free house to live in!

Works in RL too!
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

My characters are never common so they all have houses.

I do wish we could have like ten people living in one apartment.
:-)

maybe not ten but certainly more than two. Though in the ghetto's in Brazil you will see like up to 30 people in one tiny room. They sleep in shifts and its practically slavery. My girl friends mothers maid makes like 6 cents a week or something around there.
The sound of a thunderous explosion tears through the air and blasts waves of pressure ripple through the ground.

Looking northward, the rugged, stubble-bearded templar asks you, in sirihish:
     "Well... I think it worked...?"