Raw Telnet and Armageddon

Started by Hoodwink, August 15, 2003, 11:43:26 PM

Depending on which computer I am using, I sometimes use raw telnet.  Unfortunately I have found that when quitting the game or when your character is killed, the menu screen scrolls before me and I am unable to scroll up -- even though before I was able to.

Is there any way using raw telnet to change this?  Perhaps either through a certain toggling of the menu screen or telnet itself.  It's very annoying to lose a character and not know exactly what killed you because you cannot scroll past the mantis head.

If you're using windows 95, 98, ME, you can go to the options or properties at the top, not sure. Something like that. Then set the buffer to 99 or whatever.
I've been away from Zalanthas for some time, but I still think you all are kank shit. Don't worry, I'll come back and fix it up. By the way, has anyone found, like, water? This desert is getting old.

Or you could make sure to log each session.

Click Start, Run and type 'telnet', then type 'set logfile c:\logfile.txt'. If it does't display 'Client logging on' type 'set logging'.

That -should- work.

Or get a better telnet client... the default windoze one sucks..
get penguinet it rocks... 100000 lines of buffer space can't go wrong
www.siliconcircus.com
-Moe the Schmoe
:twisted:  :evil:
I wish it hurt to be dumb.

FTR I've experienced this too, and it isn't an issue with the buffer, but the tail end of the buffer being cleared out for the mantis head/quit screen.

Delirium's suggestion would be the most bullet proof, IMHO, since a clear screen received from the server would only change what you are seeing in your window, not what is getting logged.