Common Obscene Gestures

Started by MeTekillot, July 16, 2012, 08:00:18 PM

I often do - emote makes a crude gesture...

Though it would likely be best if we did a Northern Common Gestures, and Southern Common Gestures...

You can go over common earth ones -

1) Smacking the inside of your fists together in an upwards thrusting manner, knuckles pointing outwards - Friends Style
2) Bite your thumb
3) Forming a circle with your index and thumb
4) Giving the thumbs down

I get the whole spitting is wasting water thing, but there's a fuckload more water on Zalanthas than there is on Arrakis. And dirtbags need to spit. Spit at people they don't like.

Quote from: Spoon on July 17, 2012, 04:03:26 PM
I get the whole spitting is wasting water thing, but there's a fuckload more water on Zalanthas than there is on Arrakis. And dirtbags need to spit. Spit at people they don't like.

I can only think of three Arm group types that would be okay using spitting as an insult. A regular scum bag is not one of them.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

I dunno, water is more scarce than on Earth of course, but it's not ludicrously expensive. I really don't think only Nobles/Magickers can afford to spit... and spitting isn't really 'wasting water' that much in the first place.

Vivudians can spit.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Quote from: ShaLeah on July 17, 2012, 04:06:40 PM

I can only think of three Arm group types that would be okay using spitting as an insult. A regular scum bag is not one of them.

I can only think of two, but they could be different than yours.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Rhyden on July 17, 2012, 05:45:57 PM
I often moon people.

This sounds like a fantastic way to get stabbed in the ass with all of the previously mentioned weaponry.

Quote from: Sav on July 17, 2012, 06:18:00 PM
Quote from: Rhyden on July 17, 2012, 05:45:57 PM
I often moon people.

This sounds like a fantastic way to get stabbed in the ass with all of the previously mentioned weaponry.

Obsidian mining....  ::)
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Keep it simple and go all San Diego on them.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

I prefer the old:
talk (cupping ^me fist to ^me mouth, ^me eyebrows raised) Oh, [fancy pants], that's delightful.
hemote shielding a yawn with ^me fist.

People generally don't like it when you urinate/defecate in their direction...or on them.
Though there be no squids to slay,
My spear will taste blood today!

Reverently, the sleek, obsidian-haired woman spits in your face.

Sometimes spitting just works. I justify it as a character showing they can waste their water and still pwn the other's measly existence.

It's worth saying I think it's cool for people to think spitting is stupid in game, but that might result in getting spat at. We can has both ways.

Water is easily available to the middle class in Zalanthas. It's like.. petrol, you get it just fine, it just puts a hole in your wallet.

I remember an old character's friend who used 'barrier' as a ward off evil gesture. Would always say "shield your mind" whenever on a big contract or going to do scary things. Makes sense with all the 'gickers around.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Have always been curious about giving someone the finger. Would it mean the same in Zalanthas as it does in rl?
Though there be no squids to slay,
My spear will taste blood today!

Quote from: Recharge on July 22, 2012, 12:47:49 AM
Have always been curious about giving someone the finger. Would it mean the same in Zalanthas as it does in rl?
Well, in real life, usually the finger remains attached to the hand.

In Zalanthas, it's given without the accompanying hand.

Mock-spitting. Seems like an elegantly nasty way of saying, "I wouldn't waste water on you."
"The problem with sanity is, you measure it with regards to those around you. Matters become complicated when you're surrounded by a bunch of raving lunatics."

Spitting could also be considered a prestige badge. I got plenty of water to survive, so I can easily afford to regurgitate some of it and throw it around.