Which ARM 2 idea would you most like to see implemented?

Started by Erythil, July 15, 2012, 01:48:34 PM

Just been reading back through the blog....Arm2 was going to be...so good. :(
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

I'm rather thankful I was never able to get my newb head out of my own butt and find the Arma 2 webblog. Don't know what I'm missing  ;D

I don't think it's gone...I think the staff just decided it was too super awesome and have decided to keep it all for themselves. :(

I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

I'm not going to read the link that was provided. I hate being wistful for what could have been.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Uncancel it.....please? :(

I want Daja.

Man I just want to be able to smuggle a dwarf assassin in a barrel and then have him drown because Bango the half-giant decided he was gonna use said barrel as a waterskin.

Quote from: Lutagar on August 07, 2012, 06:20:29 AM
Everything about 2.arm's slavery

What was their deal with slavery?
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

I somehow got the idea into my head that Arm 2 was going to have more believable weapons... I think there were art competitions where people were asked to only include axes, spears, clubs etc...

I'd like to see more convincing larger edged/slashing weapons. Broad blades, and obsidian edges set in wood or bone. Less points, too. For anyone that's read Book for the New Sun, flat at the end "...like a sword should be."

It used to bother me too. Now I just assume that bone in Zalanthas has different properties than bone on earth and everything's (mostly) okay.

Get rid of muls...bring on the lizard people.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

The mysteries that might be contained within the ruins of Tuluk (and undertuluk).

Salt marshes, with boats that people would use to take them places.  Even if there were no salt marshes or bodies of water, it'd be cool to use silt skimmers to travel to other destinations other than Red Storm.

Probably the biggest thing I want to see is more support for independent clans.

Not gonna use the word stagnant, but I find that there has been too much homogeneity in clans.

What I would -REALLY- want to see is a break up of the merchant clans and give players the tools to begins their own individual merchant empires.

Possibly something similar for nobles.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Quote from: X-D on August 07, 2012, 03:17:02 PM
Get rid of muls...bring on the lizard people.

Or you know...have both!  Seriously though, Arm needs lizard folk.  It's the only race I really want to see added.

Varying degrees of light...

Quote from: Delirium on August 07, 2012, 03:11:36 PM
Now I just assume that bone in Zalanthas has different properties than bone on earth and everything's (mostly) okay.

I dunno, I bet mekillot and bahamet bones are dense.  They're essentially dinosaurs.

Quote from: Schrodingers Cat on August 07, 2012, 03:19:45 PM
Salt marshes, with boats that people would use to take them places.  Even if there were no salt marshes or bodies of water, it'd be cool to use silt skimmers to travel to other destinations other than Red Storm.

We need a silt river, oozing its way down to the Sea.

And river pirates, obviously.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 08, 2012, 11:46:29 AM

Ew. No. Silt is confusing enough as it is.
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 08, 2012, 11:46:29 AM

I think I get the reference.  :-X

Re: the thread: I was particularly looking forwards to the demise of all powerful Sorcerer Kings, smaller settlements, buildings to rent and an adjusted travel system.

Ghaati. Dursa. Cendi. I liked all of the new races.

Crafting. Rentable clan compounds. More flexible guilds. 

Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

Quote from: Thunkkin on August 09, 2012, 07:59:22 PM
Ghaati. Dursa. Cendi. I liked all of the new races.

Crafting. Rentable clan compounds. More flexible guilds. 

I'd make a secksee cat 4 u, bbcaekz.

I agree with a lot of the above, though. ESPECIALLY idle logouts. They would be nice, since I feel like such a doucher when I have to go chase my kid down but am kinda hanging out in game but can't properly log out until 800 years later.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Yes, I think it'd be cool to see the Lizard-folk added.

El Ghattos, not so much.