Taking bets on Approval time

Started by donavan, August 15, 2003, 08:33:58 AM

At last check, it has been 17 hours since my application went in.  Does anyone want to take bets on exactly how long it will take for approval?

When my first PC was written up, it was approved 24 hours later - but thats because i logged out wrong - Sanvean was kind enough to -email- me, thats right, she emailed me and told me she could'nt approve the PC due to how i logged out - i logged in, then out correctly, 1 hour later, it was approved.

Current PC was approved after 20 hours...

Im willing to bet it takes around 20 hours for a admin to check
your app.
on't worry if you're a kleptomaniac, you can always take something for it.

------

"I have more hit points that you can possible imagine." - Tek, Muk and my current PC.

I'm going to take a moment to address this because, to be honest, I'm a little offended.

I am one storyteller among several on staff. I have a real life and an active clan that more than keeps me busy. In the evenings, when most of the players in my clan are on, I'm there for them and I do not have the time to check applications that some might prefer. I do check applications, but I normally do it in the mornings, before work, when the game world is quiet and I have finished rereading the logs from the night before and have answered the anywhere from 5 to 15 emails that have accumlated since I last checked my email before climbing into bed. On a normal day, like most staff, I will interact with many of you, though most of you rarely see it. I am one of the people who answer wishes, we are the templars who gem you, the bartenders who talk to you, and we are there in myriad other ways. We do not get paid for it, so the amount of time each of us is able to devote to this, our own addiction, varies.

I apologize if you feel that the response time for applications is too slow.  This morning, there were six applications waiting. Three needed editing (two major), one was link locked (ie still on line so I could not touch it) and one has to be held for a specific staff member to approve since it is a special application. That means, out of those six applications, one was good to go with minimal effort.  It normally takes me an hour to go through six applications so please, instead of lashing out at the staff with a snide "I'm taking bets on how long it takes me to get approved", show a little understanding and patience. We are here and we are working on it.

Mekeda

I'd have to agree that this is a shitty attitude.  Not that I have my nose up the imm staff's ass, because I don't.

But 17 hours for a free service that aims to have approvals done within 24 hours doesn't seem bad at all to me.

What are you trying to accomplish with this post?

plus dont forget that a huge chunk of canada and the usa was out of power for many hours last night so you should just tack on a few extra hours for the 24 hour limit

plus with that kind of impatience i'd double it just because.

Well, first of all, I don't think any of us understood how long it took to get an app finished. I personally thought they were quick things that you could usually whizz on through. And honestly I've seen a couple of PCs that have gotten approved that looked like they just whizzed through the app process because they had a major typo in the sdesc.

Second, there are certain times when you can expect to get your app answered faster than others. This is usually a night. If I can, I try to submit an application around 7-10 PM. Earlier is fine, too. These seem to be prime hours. Then I usually just head to bed and voila, it's finished in the morning. I find that apps get done the least between 4 in the morning and maybe 3 or so in the afternoon, but that's just personal experience for me. All EST times.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!