The Concept/Character You Wish Survived...

Started by Twilight, July 06, 2012, 03:33:07 PM

The concept I wish had survived was...

An experienced Drovian born in Tuluk whom made his living as a barber. He flamboyantly trimmed hair outside the Sanctuary with local bards drumming and singing tunes on the road. His reputation was well-known among the populace and was even allowed to trim the hair of Nobility. He cleverly used gurth fat to style Noblemen's hair, slicking it back if requested. The man would listen to the woes and boasts of the people during the day, but at night, alone in his apartment, he was quite another man. This went on for many, many months until one day one of His Faithful approached him; an aging Jihean whom had heard of this barber through word-of-mouth and requested a trimming. This, unfortunately, led to his demise as his cursed nature was found out and he was exciled from the city-state. Alone, with no where to turn, he survived for a few weeks off the lands until crossing paths with a tembo whose hunger was stronger than this poor barber's untrained legs.

The day was disappointing, but it was by far the best role I have ever created and played. I miss my poor barber.  8)

Quote from: musashi on May 27, 2011, 06:24:12 AM
No no you see, by date Ghost means "chased his wife around the house with his penis till she cried".

Byn sergeant. But you know how those end up...  ::)
"And all around is the desert; a corner of the mournful kingdom of sand."
   - Pierre Loti

July 06, 2012, 09:39:50 PM #27 Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 09:43:17 PM by Hot_Dancer
My Jaxa Pah clan leader.

I just could -not- figure out how to make a wealthy 'rinthi elf work within my documentation
and had a very hard time developing plot lines and goals for my employees that were not murder
for hire. This character had as much potential as anything I've run to brutally affect the game world
but I staggered with him.

No one even knew he was a power because another extremely dangerous elf was running around.

Blammo - Storage.
Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.

Quote from: Is Friday on July 06, 2012, 04:51:16 PM
I stored my nilazi after 4h of play.

Get bored?
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

My pantsing delf.

Combat and boogs do not mix. Unless that person is manboog.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

I had a cool physician character, partisan to a Templar, crappy stats, awesome like, till he died of thirst on a mountain top due to some gickery.

He was really getting his practice underway too. Delivery babies, getting rid of unwanted pregnancies, being sought for advice by nobles as well as some of the shadier folks. Was even hired to give lessons to merchant house hunters on field wounds.

For a lousy stated character I had a blast with him, socially.

I'd totally wished he had survived.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Quote from: Potaje on July 06, 2012, 10:20:50 PM
I had a cool physician character, partisan to a Templar, crappy stats, awesome like, till he died of thirst on a mountain top due to some gickery.

He was really getting his practice underway too. Delivery babies, getting rid of unwanted pregnancies, being sought for advice by nobles as well as some of the shadier folks. Was even hired to give lessons to merchant house hunters on field wounds.

He was one of my more favorites.

Quote from: Kieandatu on July 06, 2012, 10:48:08 PM
Quote from: Potaje on July 06, 2012, 10:20:50 PM

He was one of my more favorites.

I've heard you post about him before.  Seems cool.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

The one character that I wish survived was my little elkran boy named after a foot part.

He was well on the way to becoming one of the craziest and most successful magickers I had ever played.

RIP little one.  May your lies forever haunt the game's history.

Marko's post reminded me of an Elkran Anyali (not a Tesdanyali but one of the other Anyali tirbes) I had for a few hours.  It was practically my first caster and I made the poor decision to try to hunt duskhorn.  The learning curve in this game is a pain.

July 07, 2012, 03:58:41 AM #35 Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 04:00:16 AM by FantasyWriter
Dwarf Viv
Focus: Gain immortality though draining the life of others and channeling it into himself.
Died to a RL pee break right after an gicky RPT in the Grey.   :(
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

July 07, 2012, 04:01:43 AM #36 Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 12:34:16 PM by Gunnerblaster
Sorka Hallan, the Soh Lanah Kah taken by a [redacted], ritualistically scarred to be offered as a sacrifice, but saved last minute by [redacted].

I wish, Oh God I wish, I hadn't stored him.

It was my first special app and Shalooonsh had been with me every step of the way. I was really excited about it and I was heart-broken at the fact that, as soon as I got into the tribe with a set of players I was supposed to be active with - They all went inactive. Didn't help at the fact that, due to my character's extremely young age, it literally took him 5-10 minutes of 'grazing' and 'nicking' things to kill them.

P.S. - This shit was, like, years ago.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Its been just under thirteen months, so... I had this half-elf one time called Jar, who had lavender hair but was otherwise physically normal for a breed. She was out of her mind. Such a wild person. It was so much fun. One time I had her climb up to the west gate and fall off repeatedly until pc guards came for me. This one guy who played with her and they become friends, she'd whisper in his ear at random that the jozhals would get her, or something to that extent. After three RL days she died to a brawl typo which really sucked because I had enjoyed playing her. I remember her death in that northern tavern, as a southerner visiting Tuluk with a small group, who I think were also southerners, as something that was probably going to cause them problems, for reasons I can't remember, and I felt bad, but what can you do?
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

My Red Fang raider of everything, who I intentionally put into dangerous situations as often as humanly possible. The most fun dude ever. Makes me want to revive raiding.

Uh.. Sand Jakhal nilazi that traveled the world doing ridiculous shit. Had in his possession for a while a pair of metal elven artifacts. Traded one for immortality with a huge disclaimer attached to it.

I miss them both dearly  :(

Quote from: Khorm on July 07, 2012, 04:28:19 PM
Traded one for immortality with a huge disclaimer attached to it.

That didn't work out huh.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Uh.. Sand Jakhal nilazi that traveled the world doing ridiculous shit. Had in his possession for a while a pair of metal elven artifacts. Traded one for immortality with a huge disclaimer attached to it.

... Vire?
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Just an ordinary man, trying to do his thing in a world surrounded by mutants, abominations, monsters, and such.

Quote from: Fathi on July 08, 2012, 03:33:10 AM

... Vire?

Yes ma'am.

As for the immortality bit.. it was all fun and games until the exception reared its ugly head.

So I came up with my best concept to date, a half-elf buried alive at birth by his shamed mother who emerges fully grown two decades later as a bestial rukkian (you know, like the crow or something). I had in mind he'd wreck his revenge on civilisation and then get all torn up and emo about it. Died at around two days  :P

Quote from: Spoon on July 08, 2012, 06:29:24 PM
So I came up with my best concept to date, a half-elf buried alive at birth by his shamed mother who emerges fully grown two decades later as a bestial rukkian (you know, like the crow or something). I had in mind he'd wreck his revenge on civilisation and then get all torn up and emo about it. Died at around two days  :P

Holy shit.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Stored my Red Fang at 1 hr, 20 days played.

I had some RL stuff go down, took a short break, and for some reason continuing the role left a bad taste in my mouth.  Must have been the nature of it.

I'm sure I would have really enjoyed it, and would have loved to have been a part of their last IC events (which he totally would have seen).  Maybe it's best though, seeing as I wasn't feeling it at the time.

I guess I mostly feel bad because staff took the time to set me up, and I stored pretty quickly.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

In the space of a year I stored two nobles...one with about 5 days played and one with 4 days played...They were both cool, surrounded by great characters and I worked hard on making them really in depth. I was still in the slump of losing my 50 day + and just couldn't get into them. I quit after storing the second one (and just came back recently, some 2/3 years later?).

Pretty bummed about that, they both had really good potential...and during really crazy interesting times too, but I had really hit a wall with Arm. Could also put that in the shame thread.

It's fricking ridiculous how long it can take to 'get over' a long lived character. Like...mental. It makes you have this half-desire to not want your characters to live long so you're not sad when they die. A bit like not wanting to get into a serious relationship after getting your heart broken. Madness!
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Pretty much all of my special apps.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Quote from: Maso on July 11, 2012, 12:04:05 AM
I was still in the slump of losing my 50 day + and just couldn't get into them.

Just happened to me but with four day crafter that I worked on and well, the rest is IC and history.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

NNnnngh! Must wait a few more months before I can talk about this (assuming the char has to be dead for a year before one's allowed to talk about it). Other than that, aside from two stored chars and my current one, I have none.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness