Masks/Facewraps

Started by titansfan, June 28, 2012, 03:55:39 PM

No - I'm pretty sure those are parts of a different array. Array, that was the word I was looking for. 32 bits to an array.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Just remove a ring slot. Way too many of them anyway. Not being able to wear multiple things around your neck seems silly...and who wears 10 rings anyway?
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Pimp as mothafuckas, that's who.

July 09, 2012, 01:01:37 AM #128 Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 09:32:12 AM by Gilgamesh
Quote from: Maso on July 09, 2012, 12:39:26 AM
Just remove a ring slot. Way too many of them anyway. Not being able to wear multiple things around your neck seems silly...and who wears 10 rings anyway?

>look templar
You look at the portly, mean-faced templar.
He is looks like an asshole.
He is in excellent condition.

<Worn on body> A bunch of scary shit shit
<Worn on right finger> A spiked chitin ring
<Worn on left finger> A spiked chitin ring

The mean-faced portly templar hits you on the head very hard, doing grievous damage!

And that's why you wear rings.

Light RP is like light beer: It fucking sucks and makes me fall asleep.

I miss Tuluk....

No point in having them on your thumbs.

I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

The thumb rings are for sniping down that rinther who tried to run off.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Quote from: Feco on July 09, 2012, 12:33:31 AM
Quote from: MeTekillot on July 09, 2012, 12:32:07 AM
Aren't the various tattoo locations counted as slots as well, though?

Seems that way, though we can't know if they're the same codewise.

It would be a really big deal, I think, given the nature of the gem, to just make it a tattoo like item.

But we're getting off topic...  New thread?

Do it.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Quote from: Nyr on July 08, 2012, 05:59:39 PM
Quote from: Fredd on July 07, 2012, 09:38:46 PM
I'll state, there are Mdesc covering COSTUMES.

I'll state:  you're absolutely wrong, or you've witnessed a bug.  Please put in a request about whatever this mdesc covering thing is, because it shouldn't be there.

I remember a very prominant person wearing a kank costume for a certain competition. I'm pretty sure staff will know what I'm talking about.

I can't state who, due to the fact the pc is still very much alive, although it's been a long time.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

My last PC needed every wear location the game could offer  >:(
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: Fredd on July 09, 2012, 06:09:58 AM
Quote from: Nyr on July 08, 2012, 05:59:39 PM
Quote from: Fredd on July 07, 2012, 09:38:46 PM
I'll state, there are Mdesc covering COSTUMES.

I'll state:  you're absolutely wrong, or you've witnessed a bug.  Please put in a request about whatever this mdesc covering thing is, because it shouldn't be there.

I remember a very prominant person wearing a kank costume for a certain competition. I'm pretty sure staff will know what I'm talking about.

I can't state who, due to the fact the pc is still very much alive, although it's been a long time.

thank you for doing exactly the opposite of what I suggested :)
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Yam on July 09, 2012, 12:46:45 AM
Pimp as mothafuckas, that's who.

w00t!
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Quote from: chrisdcoulombe on July 09, 2012, 03:24:47 AM
Quote from: Feco on July 09, 2012, 12:33:31 AM
Quote from: MeTekillot on July 09, 2012, 12:32:07 AM
Aren't the various tattoo locations counted as slots as well, though?

Seems that way, though we can't know if they're the same codewise.

It would be a really big deal, I think, given the nature of the gem, to just make it a tattoo like item.

But we're getting off topic...  New thread?

Do it.

All this kind of discussion is arbitrary anyway, isn't it? We all just go round and round in circles every so often, discussing the pro's and con's of various things and what we'd like to see changed, and people chime in about how that would be awful and abusable, and other people talk about how awesome it would, Nyr posts some links to previous, identical threads, debate continues for a bit. And then nothing happens and the thread eventually dies.

It'd probably be more effective if the staff would post or link to a post where they state whether they have any interest/intention of changing things. Thus ending the debate, hopefully.

Well, ignoring the derail of this thread onto the subject of gems...I'm going to assume, since Nyr keeps posting to have mdesc hiding items reported so that they can fix them to stop hiding mdescs....that re-introducing mdesc hiding objects...probably ain't gonna happen.

Not likely, no, sorry.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Quote from: Jeshin on July 09, 2012, 07:20:13 PM
It'd probably be more effective if the staff would post or link to a post where they state whether they have any interest/intention of changing things. Thus ending the debate, hopefully.

It'd probably be more effective if the players would read the thread in question to see if staff have posted said links.  Or posted their opinions.  Or even just implied their opinions.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

End of the day, this wont stop people from going "contact mask"

And using your short desc from that to identify you in the furture.

The code was changed a few years ago to where you can no longer contact people using sdesc-hiding items unless they are in the "room" with you.
I wonder would it not also be a good move to make it where contacting a figure in the room with you gave you something besides their character's sdesc.  Perhaps simply: You contact the tall figure in the dark, hooded cloak with the Way. If there is more than one of the same looking figure in the room with you, that you do not know... well... You don't know them well enough to tell one mind from the other.  I've never seen any evidence in the game to lead me to believe that with a non-psion (not going to speculate there one way or the other) looking at two "twins" you could control which one you want to contact without knowing them, at least a little.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

You know the best part. Morgenes answered this debate for everyone.

Facial accessories don't hide a person's entire physical appearance (mdesc) - simply because - they are not the portable Zalanthan equivalent of Klingon cloaking devices!

Other skills/spells can do this for you.

It was unrealistic to the point of bordering on silly - that a simple facial accessory was enough to hide a person's identity and appearance so much so that you couldn't tell if the wearer was "a legless halfling" or "a mutant half-giant with two heads"!
The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'

August 05, 2012, 01:18:54 PM #145 Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 07:30:12 PM by kayza
There are things like the sound of your voice and physical dimensions that just can't be repeated by code.  Going by assess is just not accurate enough.  Not to mention the problem that it puts too much in the hand of the raider to decide if they get caught.   Unlike Templars and soliders raiding or mugging is not a sponsored role.

And besides unless you are playing a silly raider who sits in Luirs looks at people then goes out kills them in the sand, does it really affect you?  If you live a life of raw crime shouldn't you not be seen in public places all the time so someone can just point you out.

The same idea that you put raise your hood go to the Retreat steal something from a noble to get looked at, then walk into the Gaj right after and act like your are the greatest citizen is kind of stupid.  

If you are a thief/raider you will get caught and it shouldn't be on your terms how.

EDIT:
Well some people actually let themselves get caught for good RP fun!
But it still can't be only by what the Raider/mugger decides.

:-)